GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoen H8 Fogs installed (pics)

GTI-OCD

Ready to race!
I bought these Hoen Xenonmatch H8's too. In person they are a bit bluer than the stock HIDs, but certainly better than the yellowish stock fogs, and since I don't want to go through the hassle of converting to HID fogs, I'll keep em. Can't say how they compare to the PIAA equivalent, but I would imagine that they are pretty close given the color temp rating for both of them.

Gunkata - I'd be interested in your opinion of Hoen vs PIAA once you get them. I'd like to know which you think is the closest match to the HID color temp.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I bought these Hoen Xenonmatch H8's too. In person they are a bit bluer than the stock HIDs, but certainly better than the yellowish stock fogs, and since I don't want to go through the hassle of converting to HID fogs, I'll keep em. Can't say how they compare to the PIAA equivalent, but I would imagine that they are pretty close given the color temp rating for both of them.

Gunkata - I'd be interested in your opinion of Hoen vs PIAA once you get them. I'd like to know which you think is the closest match to the HID color temp.

My camera is terrible at taking night pics, but I'll probably give it a shot to see how they compare. While the PIAA's were a huge step up from the stockers, they still dont match that great to the xenons or my LED City bulbs, so I hope these will. Especially, since I can run the city lights and the fogs independent of the headlights now with the euro switch - that would look pretty bad ass if they match well.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OK - got em and put them in. They are slightly more blue and definitely look better with the city light LED's, and the xenons. Not necessarily perfect, but much closer and bluer than the PIAA's. I do think the PIAA's were brighter overall though. Nonetheless, pretty happy with the purchase.

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Looks dope where did you purchase ?

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
Why would bulb out warning show up?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow - it died already?!?! hmmm..

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
Ummm because the bulb is out...

I guess I'm trying to understand what is so special about the bulb requirement that I see a lot of Bulb Out ECU fail reports. 12V, 35W right?

uh.... maybe he got a lemon? bc mine is fine, make sure you dont touch the bulb itself bc any oils from your hands is proven to severely reduce the life of the bulb.... mine still work, and i flash my brights alot bc of a heavily deer populated area. which causes the fogs to go off and on rapidly....and they still work.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, he means its dead - plain and simple. Mine are fine, so either he got a bad one
or touched it on it on accident, etc. The bulbs themselves do not throw codes.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I dunno...it's just plain dead. I have pulled it out and swapped them multiple times to try and revive it. It died literally the morning after I installed...the first time driving the car since the install and immediately. The filament is not burned out nor is it disconnected inside the bulb itself. It just doesn't function, period.

I sent an email to Hoen today to get a replacement bulb...but here is my problem if it goes the way I expect it to...

They should send me a replacement bulb or set with a return label...charge me up front and credit me when the defective bulb is returned to them or give me a time limit to get it back to them before charging me. Instead, what I expect to have happen is that they will simply issue me an RMA number and it will be my responsibility, and cost, to send their junk back to them. Only after receiving said junk will I get a substitute, non junk, bulb.

To me, that's bogus, if that's what happens (and I fully expect that to be the case based upon their return policy/warranty). It is one thing if it's a warranty exchange on a product that was installed and successfully used but didn't make it past warranty before crapping out. It's also understandable to make shipping my responsibility if I just don't like the product and want to return it for a refund. But if they send me junk, it's their problem and they should cover the entire thing...I already paid to ship a set of quality bulbs one time but only got part of that. They now should pay to complete the shipment of quality.

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
Are you sure the bulb wattage is correct? Not that 35W vs 50W (or whatever) results in that much greater current, but something worth looking into. You sure the fuse is intact for the fog lamps?