GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI Drivers Edition OTD price? Good? Decent? Bad?

clownish

just clowning around
Ive tried, they are saying since im not trading in a car its hard for them to budge anymore. They said they can drop it another 500-600 bucks if I do not want to get the .9% but if I want both they cant do it. They are already going around 300 under Invoice...

I think im going to do it.

As for you that got his for 26K OTD brand new, you either had some amazing connections, youre lying, or youre just confused on how they managed to drop 6K off of sticker to manage to get you OTD for 26.... Thats just unreal.... It might have happened, if they were trying to make their quota or something but thats extremely rare. But good job on your deal, shit I would of bought 2 of them if I could of gotten them to drop 6K...

http://www.vw.com/portal/en/configurator?context=Global#10304/30401/855

Show me where they still are making the Autobahn edition...

I got my dsg 4 door autobahn (one trim level up) way under invoice. Drove two hours to pick it up an I still service at the local dealer no problem. You should be negotiating a lot more with other dealers.

220volt

Ready to race!
I do believe that they will not budge much on 2014 models. So that is why I would look for 2013 DE (or even 2013 Autobahns) You can get 2013 DE for $26,500 ($27,000 for sure) pretty much everywhere now. And it is the same exact car as your 2014. The only difference between the two is: you will pay more for 2014. That's it. Actually DE 2014 is worse deal because on 2014 models they dropped maintenance from 36mo to 24mo.

But for $29,000 (or for even less than that) you can get new 2013 Autobahn. Which I have and which I LOOOVE :)

sboskov

Ready to race!
I don't think there is anything better about the 14 gti de than the 13 de... I was just pointing out that the 14 de is the top of the line compared to the 13 de not being so.

My only requirement was for it to be new and manual. So trust me when I say I looked for a 13 de manual but all I could find was dsg and the price was very inviting but I already have a truck that's auto and miss the hell out of manual. The dsg 13 de was 27.8 stickered. The 14 de manual did cost me 28.1k before tax, and fees. So in the end that's pretty much what I went with.

Thanks for your help and sorry if I insulted anyone by accident, I just consider myself a very straight forward person.

1.5%, 3 year loan, $11,000 trade in, $15,500 out the door with taxes (4.5%), dealer even threw in mats, cargo system, tint. The 2013 and 2014 Driver's Editions are the exact same car except you get 24 months of scheduled maintenance and I get 36 months; Neither is top of the line, that is the Autobahn you are thinking of.

Right now getting only 2K off MSRP is getting screwed. Research the deals other members have been getting on Driver's Editions. If you aren't comfortable with negotiating then use Game Theory: if that dealer won't budge, call others until you get your fair price.

Were you ok with the $11k trade-in?

Pretty sure it must be a car they are selling on a lot for $14k somewhere.

Your negotiated price of $26k OTD wouldn't have happened if it weren't for your trade. Sales Tax in SA is 6.25% no?

Good job either way!

Last edited:

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Were you ok with the $11k trade-in?

Pretty sure it must be a car they are selling on a lot for $14k somewhere.

Your negotiated price of $26k OTD wouldn't have happened if it weren't for your trade. Sales Tax in SA is 6.25% no?

Good job either way!

Yeah I'm more than happy, they gave me more as an offer than any other dealership. I think you're right it was 6.25%, don't remember why I said 4.5%

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got mine '14 DE for 30k OTD. I traded in my 09 GTI with 44,700 still under CPO and got 13.8k for it (my payoff was 10.3k). Also gave 3k down with 0.9% VW Credit at 60 months but even finance amount after all FL taxes, tag transfer fees, all other dealership fees, etc is 27k.

Last edited:

sboskov

Ready to race!
I just got mine '14 DE for 30k OTD. I traded in my 09 GTI with 44,700 still under CPO and got 13.8k for it (my payoff was 10.3k). Also gave 3k down with 0.9% VW Credit at 60 months but even finance amount after all FL taxes, tag transfer fees, all other dealership fees, etc is 27k.

The more I think about it, I feel like my deal was good. They agreed to give me 36k 3 year oil changes instead of the 24k 2 yr

Last edited:

fr4c

Ready to race!
As long as you're happy with the deal, then that's all that matters.

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
exactly, as long as you a happy and you think you got a good deal....

I don't care that much for their carefree maintenance, because I do my own oil changes. I will take it to the dealer at 10 and 20k, but 5/15 will be doing myself.

afctom

Ready to race!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are these OTD prices you're talking about including tax??

30000 US Dollar equals
17936.16 British Pound Sterling

I'm looking for a GTI in the UK and I could barely get a 2011 base GTI with 40k miles on for £18k??

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
I would recommend determining actual dealer cost and offering 200-500 over. They always get kickbacks and will most likely take your offer. It's just a piece of metal to them.

If you can find a 2013, then you can go down even farther, between 5-6k off sticker.

Good luck!

ccg36

There are deals to be had if you put some effort into your search. Last week i bought a 2014 Wolfsburg for $23000, negotiated $$ before my trade, price before tax.

carl

sboskov

Ready to race!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are these OTD prices you're talking about including tax??

30000 US Dollar equals

17936.16 British Pound Sterling

I'm looking for a GTI in the UK and I could barely get a 2011 base GTI with 40k miles on for £18k??

Yeah otd is out the door so it includes all of the fees and all of the taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afctom

Ready to race!