GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Using Different Pipe for Intake

ce4

Ready to race!
I've searched and cannot find any info on this but am curious, can I use a VWR Intake (on sale on ECS) with a different manufacturer of the rear intake pipe?

Saw that the VWR intake was on sale and I've always looked at that but was curious as to why it doesn't come with a rear pipe like almost every other Intake kit does.

IF i got it, would I even need to change the rear intake pipe? Would wrapping in heat reflective tape help anything (not sure if opening up can o worms or not)?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I've searched and cannot find any info on this but am curious, can I use a VWR Intake (on sale on ECS) with a different manufacturer of the rear intake pipe?

Saw that the VWR intake was on sale and I've always looked at that but was curious as to why it doesn't come with a rear pipe like almost every other Intake kit does.

IF i got it, would I even need to change the rear intake pipe? Would wrapping in heat reflective tape help anything (not sure if opening up can o worms or not)?

I use an IE rear tube on the front section of my BSH intake. They both used the factory MAF and the placement was about the same so it fit. You may have issues getting the bracket to bolt up depending on which combo you try.