GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0299 Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

Mk6newbie

I have a 2012 mk6 GTI and having the P0299 cel as of today. I have been battling a P0300-4 codes for the last couple of months. Cylinders 2 & 3 are the worst

Here is what I've done

Spark Plugs - No change in random misfires

Coil Packs - No change in random misfires
Swapping sparks and coil packs between cylinders - No change
Seafoam engine - Huge reduction of misfires
Carbon Cleaning - Very slight reduction, but down to 1 or 2 per 1000 revs
Replaced sparks and coil packs again assuming they were faulty - No change

Now, this morning I get P0299 and when I go to log with vagcom and I get "not specified" where the boost values should be even when the car is off. This "not specified" is in n75, actual and specified boost values. It will barely start to show a value and go right back to "not specified". This was not happening before when I was logging the misfires.

Has anyone seen this? Not sure if the 2 issues are related.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I have a 2012 mk6 GTI and having the P0299 cel as of today. I have been battling a P0300-4 codes for the last couple of months. Cylinders 2 & 3 are the worst

Here is what I've done

Spark Plugs - No change in random misfires

Coil Packs - No change in random misfires
Swapping sparks and coil packs between cylinders - No change
Seafoam engine - Huge reduction of misfires
Carbon Cleaning - Very slight reduction, but down to 1 or 2 per 1000 revs
Replaced sparks and coil packs again assuming they were faulty - No change

Now, this morning I get P0299 and when I go to log with vagcom and I get "not specified" where the boost values should be even when the car is off. This "not specified" is in n75, actual and specified boost values. It will barely start to show a value and go right back to "not specified". This was not happening before when I was logging the misfires.

Has anyone seen this? Not sure if the 2 issues are related.

How many miles on the car?

Thoughts are MAP sensor(s) went bad, N75 valve itself shat the bed, ECU itself (unlikely if not tuned/never been opened), bad wiring/connection to said items, one or more of the above.

Sucks man, misfires are no fun. Hopefully it's not something mechanical.

Mk6newbie

less than 50k on the car, stage 2 APR tune, I am thinking it is the N75 or the wiring. Would the MAP sensor cause the not specified boost readings from vagcom?