GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI, Loving the Small Things

D

Deleted member 103021

at first i liked it but then had to turn it off after awhile. i found there were times where i would signal but actually changed my mind or signalled too early and i didn't want it to keep signaling since it's dangerous.

I agree! Its a really nice feature most of the time.

Firestem4

Ready to race!
probably only for people that have the window rain sensor. i dont.

I don't have a rain sensor (i have the base model GTI). I don't think it slows down if you only have the wiper stalk on the first position. Because all 5 interval settings on the first stalk position are slow? *shrug*

probably only for people that have the window rain sensor. i dont.

huh? No Plac, every GTI should have it.... even when my wipers are on full blast, they will slow down as I slow down to a crawl and then stop at a light.

I do not know of any rain sensor on my car either...

P

plac

hmm... we're having storms all week. so i can test this. 80% of the time i am in the first setting, where you can adjust the intermittent speed.. does it work on that setting? or do you have you use the upper 2 positions to see that feature?

P

plac

I don't have a rain sensor (i have the base model GTI). I don't think it slows down if you only have the wiper stalk on the first position. Because all 5 interval settings on the first stalk position are slow? *shrug*

that sounds pretty accurate. the first position is what i am usually on. good call.

hmm... we're having storms all week. so i can test this. 80% of the time i am in the first setting, where you can adjust the intermittent speed.. does it work on that setting? or do you have you use the upper 2 positions to see that feature?

try on the faster settings. It'll be a pretty obvious slowdown in crosswiping when you grind to a stop.

Harvey1701

With the manual transmission, the brakes hold for a few seconds so you won't roll uphill or downhill when you take your foot off the brake to put the car in gear. I learned to drive in an old VW Bug (not the new one), and having to put the car in first gear while on an incline and with someone behind me always scared the crap out of me! That's not really a problem anymore, but I still appreciate the feature.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i love the vw audi chime when i don't put my seatbelt on.

i only time had put my belt on for long or fast driving or when i get pulled over or a cop next to me LOL

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
wow, 2 year old thread bump! I like that everytime I drive my wife's car I miss the GTI so much I can only go a day without it, lol

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
One more thing,

The rope that pulls the trunk shelf has a ball in the end of it. Noticed that the ball has soft curved leaves around it. These leaves at as sound dampeners so when the shelf is down and doesn't lift up with the trunk, it's quite when it knocks into the side walls of the trunk.

Those things are actually a downgrade. The MKIV's had ones that retracted into the shelf...so when you didn't have it attached to the hatch, they went in and didn't hang anywhere. Oh well.... :mad:

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Express down AND up on all windows. Seriously, why doesn't ever car have this?

Mantooth

Ready to race!
The community.

Girlfriend and I are walking from the car to the front door of my building when I spot a pick-up idling slowly past us, driver staring in our direction. I think he's creeping on my girl, or just a guy who like to stare at people, when he rolls down the window and in a think eastern european accent says:

"Gee - TEE --Eye! Is strrooong car. I have back in ehh-TEES. Very good car. You like?"

I just smiled, nodded, and said "yea, it's pretty awesome".

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
I had a guy a couple weeks ago pull up to me at a light and he's in his work van and all of a sudden starts talking to me in German. Of course I had no idea at the time what the Hell he was doing and I just looked at him and said what? He pointed at my tag and said "german plate, you not speak German?" And I said no, smiled and drove away lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

16plus4v

Ready to race!
I love getting out of the car with no keys in hand, touching the handle with my finger and walking away. KESSY rocks!

Super convenient when you have your hands full.