GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #295
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

I really like how their customer service is top notch!

Last edited by hbrown0509; 12-03-2017 at 11:43 PM.
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #296
webbry4
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn IE Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrown0509 View Post
So just bit the bullet on the 30% off for the IE tune! Having a little buyers remorse but hope itís worth it! Anyone with their stage 2 software? Iím currently GIAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tune is freaking awesome. You'll like it much more than giac.

webbry4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:46 PM   #297
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbry4 View Post
Tune is freaking awesome. You'll like it much more than giac.

Thanks! I couldnít flash it as originally planned. Somehow had outdated software, but they were quick to rectify it and once I get some free time this week all re-attempt with the flash. Iím actually impressed with it having a data logging feature. Didnít realize it had the option.

On a side note did you have experience with GIAC?

Old 12-13-2017, 06:05 PM   #298
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

So far itís been about a week with the 93 octane stage 2 file and itís been awesome! So much better over the stage 2 GIAC tune I had. I was losing my mind with it. Now my car finally drives normal again and the tune is so smooth! Glad I jumped on the Black Friday deal.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #299
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
There's not a lot of talk about the IE k04 here, or anywhere really. It's not even listed on the front page, but that appears to be outdated as the intake is listed as coming soon.

Anybody have any insight on this turbo? Anything that differentiates itself from the rest of the k04 kits?
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #300
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
There's not a lot of talk about the IE k04 here, or anywhere really. It's not even listed on the front page, but that appears to be outdated as the intake is listed as coming soon.

Anybody have any insight on this turbo? Anything that differentiates itself from the rest of the k04 kits?
I haven't seen anything... it looks like an APR k04 kit. It's pretty much the exact same thing. It doesn't say that it's been ported, and the pictures don't show that it has been, maybe a better, or upgraded wastegate spring? Idk..
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #301
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Quote:

Itís an OEM BW from the Golf R thatís been machined to have the factory location for the diverter valve and to fit the TSI. Not ported and unsure of the wastegate spring. Iíve talked to the CEO about the turbo. They actually have a company that they work with to have the turbo P&P and the compressor wheel modified and then rebalanced and set to spec if desired. Obviously at additional costs for a custom turbo. I have their stage 2 tune and intake and have nothing but good feedback and their customer support is top notch. Iíll most likely go this route if the time ever comes for an upgrade.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #302
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Itís an OEM BW from the Golf R thatís been machined to have the factory location for the diverter valve and to fit the TSI. Not ported and unsure of the wastegate spring. Iíve talked to the CEO about the turbo. They actually have a company that they work with to have the turbo P&P and the compressor wheel modified and then rebalanced and set to spec if desired. Obviously at additional costs for a custom turbo. I have their stage 2 tune and intake and have nothing but good feedback and their customer support is top notch. Iíll most likely go this route if the time ever comes for an upgrade.

I see...I'm just kinda taking my time as I consider going k04. If I do it I want to go with the one that'll give me the least amount of problems, and there's a couple I'd like to avoid. I don't like CTS's customer service, I hate APR even more, and the quality control on the HPA turbo doesn't seem very good. Not interested in something like a f23 or mabotech. Not sure what other options there are, but that pretty much leaves IE and Unitronic. I think I like that IE uses the stock DV location, which also makes it a little bit cheaper than Uni.

IE is pretty much at the top of the list for me, if this is something I decide to do. It's nice to know they'll P&P it too.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
Old 03-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #303
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
I see...I'm just kinda taking my time as I consider going k04. If I do it I want to go with the one that'll give me the least amount of problems, and there's a couple I'd like to avoid. I don't like CTS's customer service, I hate APR even more, and the quality control on the HPA turbo doesn't seem very good. Not interested in something like a f23 or mabotech. Not sure what other options there are, but that pretty much leaves IE and Unitronic. I think I like that IE uses the stock DV location, which also makes it a little bit cheaper than Uni.

IE is pretty much at the top of the list for me, if this is something I decide to do. It's nice to know they'll P&P it too.

Iím in the exact same boat as you. Luckily there are a lot of feedback on the other turbos out there and I have to agree that avoiding CTS turbo and APR is the best decision. APR is over priced and there software seems questionable for long term drivability. CTS Turboís design sucks with that stupid silicone coupler. Someone just had to replace it on their car and was a pain to get it replaced it seemed.

The IE seems the reasonable choice for the price and less hoses getting routed around your engine bay. Unitronic seems nice but you are then stuck having to get it with their software.

It would be an easier jump for me since I already have their software and flashing dongle. Even if you didnít want to have their outsourced company P&P it there are others to choose from that do great work.

After reading through multiple forums and talking with IEís CEO it seems like a P&P and maybe even having the compressor wheel clipped might be a good route to go. I donít really have a desire to go big turbo and do an engine build. At that point Iíd rather just upgrade to a different vehicle.

IE has great customer service and stand behind their products. They are car enthusiasts just like us.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #304
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:

IE has great customer service and stand behind their products. They are car enthusiasts just like us.

Aye, I only have their air intake, but I've followed them for a bit and I've seen they're a stand up company with excellent customer service. Every product they make seems to be well made with reasonable pricing too. Definitely one of the better companies out there that make and sell parts for our cars.