GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattling from Engine Bay

jkells

Ready to race!
So the car had been recently towed. I left it in a parking spot up against a building overnight (didnt want to drink and drive) and they hoisted in the rear and drug it out so they can get infront of the car. There are even skid marks to prove it. But as a force of habit I always have the ebrake on. They swear up and down they didnt do damage but could any of this be done by them towing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
What kind of tranny mount are you using? Is it a stock mount or an aftermarket? That would be the 1st place I would look. It is common for aftermarket tranny mounts to vibrate when the AC is on.

jkells

Ready to race!
What kind of tranny mount are you using? Is it a stock mount or an aftermarket? That would be the 1st place I would look. It is common for aftermarket tranny mounts to vibrate when the AC is on.
Using ECS Tuning for my tranny, engine and dog bone mount. But Ive never had this before. And I installed it a year ago now. Wonder if they need to be retorqued. [emoji848]

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
The mount bolts are TTY and should have been replaced when you installed the mounts last year. If you had not, you should consider buying them before you start the effort to check them.

jkells

Ready to race!
The mount bolts are TTY and should have been replaced when you installed the mounts last year. If you had not, you should consider buying them before you start the effort to check them.
The bolts were swapped out when the mount were changed.