GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
You two need better tuners then there should be zero difference low end

Im sorry but this is wrong. Removing the N75 for EBCs or MBCs removes the tuning equation as boost is set to one duty cycle values through an entire array of driving conditions. How does a better tune affect this if the EBC or MBC no longer work with the ECU? The N75 allows boost control to provide torque during certain load conditions which an EBC or MBC will not. At one point I had a relatively complete low boost file, switching back to the N75 was a night and day difference on the highway and around town. Now my tune is final and we are preparing for the dyno with the N75 and new Turbosmart Kompact EM DV, I'm glad to be back to both electronically controlled parts.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Checking in after a year of being off this forum, HYDE you dyno your pile yet? (dear lord the literal police are out in full force)

Local buddy still has Andre's old 600whp gti, and i drive it occassionally. Kinda miss mine. My MQB A3 is faster than it should be form a dig, but just sucks once rolling. Any big happenings in the past year? Commercially available HPFP? Anyone have a flex kit? God the MQB scene is basically easy mode...

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Checking in after a year of being off this forum, HYDE you dyno your pile yet?

Local buddy still has Andre's old 600whp gti, and i drive it occassionally. Kinda miss mine. My MQB A3 is faster than it should be form a dig, but just sucks once rolling. Any big happenings in the past year? Commercially available HPFP? Anyone have a flex kit? God the MQB scene is basically easy mode...

You posted in March brah

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Checking in after a year of being off this forum, HYDE you dyno your pile yet? (dear lord the literal police are out in full force

I'm heading to Caste Performance for my dyno, I finally perfected the Eurodyne tune, Torqbyte (TB) port fuel map, TB port methanol map, TB post IC map all while testing a new DV setup and revised hardware such as a built Beetle trans, etc.

I'm heading to the dyno with a 30psi file on 93 pump gas with direct port meth and around 18 degrees of timing.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Thanks for knowledge HYDE. I appreciate it! Now time to go spend money. Anybody want a cts k04 kit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!
I'm heading to Caste Performance for my dyno, I finally perfected the Eurodyne tune, Torqbyte (TB) port fuel map, TB port methanol map, TB post IC map all while testing a new DV setup and revised hardware such as a built Beetle trans, etc.

I'm heading to the dyno with a 30psi file on 93 pump gas with direct port meth and around 18 degrees of timing.

Are you going to be at Waterfest again this year?

If so I need to stop by and check out your build some more.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

In4results

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Do most people still run the HFS-4 as the preferred meth setup? I'm planning on probably doing one jet post IC along with dpi and gonna be buying a setup soon.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Are you going to be at Waterfest again this year?

If so I need to stop by and check out your build some more.

Absolutely, I have a 100x20 booth this year for Garden State Euros, I’ll be there Sunday. Working with Verus to get their flow tested diffuser on in time and NGR to display their turbo filters.

In4results

Coming up soon, we are making final edits to port fuel.

Do most people still run the HFS-4 as the preferred meth setup? I'm planning on probably doing one jet post IC along with dpi and gonna be buying a setup soon.

Yes, or Torqbyte CM5-LT

ksandman

Ready to race!
Has anyone looked into USP motorsports drop in fuel pump and upgraded injectors? According to a forum that I dug up, the pump and injectors are from the Audi TT RS.

Anyone is here upgrade all fuel components to get more fuel rather than spraying meth? Not against meth as I may go that route but it would be nice to stay on a pump tune only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk