GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #6819
ksandman
Touring Car Champion
 
ksandman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: somewhere in Texas
Posts: 226
Does anybody still use the n75 valve for their BT application? I keep finding conflicting info on changing to a mbc, ebc, or still using it.

I want to go with ATPs gtx2867r kit but I’m unsure of the n75 valve and if it will work. The plan is to stay internal wastegate and make upwards of 365whp.

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #6820
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 6,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandman View Post
Does anybody still use the n75 valve for their BT application? I keep finding conflicting info on changing to a mbc, ebc, or still using it.

I want to go with ATPs gtx2867r kit but I’m unsure of the n75 valve and if it will work. The plan is to stay internal wastegate and make upwards of 365whp.

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ME and I would never leave it again, I've worked with aftermarket EBCs and if you care about driveability around town and better response, use the N75, I'm holding 30+ psi on an EFR7163.
__________________
Pag Parts EFR Turbo Thread: HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit
Build Thread: HYDE16 - Project Jekyll & Hyde Build Thread
Facebook: Ryan Jacobs
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #6821
ksandman
Touring Car Champion
 
ksandman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 gti
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: somewhere in Texas
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
ME and I would never leave it again, I've worked with aftermarket EBCs and if you care about driveability around town and better response, use the N75, I'm holding 30+ psi on an EFR7163.


Awesome to hear. Thanks man! If you don’t mind me bothering you for another question; do you have the n75 vac lines routed pretty much how it would come on the factory turbo?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #6822
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 6,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandman View Post
Awesome to hear. Thanks man! If you don’t mind me bothering you for another question; do you have the n75 vac lines routed pretty much how it would come on the factory turbo?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct.
__________________
Pag Parts EFR Turbo Thread: HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit
Build Thread: HYDE16 - Project Jekyll & Hyde Build Thread
Facebook: Ryan Jacobs
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #6823
wndwsdwngti860
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Correct.


was tossing around the idea of doing this myself. tired of adjusting
__________________
wndwsdwngti860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #6824
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 6,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndwsdwngti860 View Post
was tossing around the idea of doing this myself. tired of adjusting
It was the single greatest decision for tuning. Nothing will beat the N75. I was sick of downshifting all of the time for torque around town or to get my .85AR spooled up. The N75 builds torque with boost in random load conditions and makes the overall driving experience near factory again.
__________________
Pag Parts EFR Turbo Thread: HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit
Build Thread: HYDE16 - Project Jekyll & Hyde Build Thread
Facebook: Ryan Jacobs
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #6825
wndwsdwngti860
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
It was the single greatest decision for tuning. Nothing will beat the N75. I was sick of downshifting all of the time for torque around town or to get my .85AR spooled up. The N75 builds torque with boost in random load conditions and makes the overall driving experience near factory again.


these were my exact thoughts after taking the car out last weekend
__________________
wndwsdwngti860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 AM   #6826
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion
 
Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 4,866
You two need better tuners then there should be zero difference low end
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #6827
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver
 
HYDE16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 6,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
You two need better tuners then there should be zero difference low end
Im sorry but this is wrong. Removing the N75 for EBCs or MBCs removes the tuning equation as boost is set to one duty cycle values through an entire array of driving conditions. How does a better tune affect this if the EBC or MBC no longer work with the ECU? The N75 allows boost control to provide torque during certain load conditions which an EBC or MBC will not. At one point I had a relatively complete low boost file, switching back to the N75 was a night and day difference on the highway and around town. Now my tune is final and we are preparing for the dyno with the N75 and new Turbosmart Kompact EM DV, I'm glad to be back to both electronically controlled parts.
__________________
Pag Parts EFR Turbo Thread: HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit
Build Thread: HYDE16 - Project Jekyll & Hyde Build Thread
Facebook: Ryan Jacobs
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #6828
erball
FIA GT Newbie
 
erball's Avatar
 
Drives: Rolling burnouts
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bend
Posts: 825
Checking in after a year of being off this forum, HYDE you dyno your pile yet? (dear lord the literal police are out in full force)

Local buddy still has Andre's old 600whp gti, and i drive it occassionally. Kinda miss mine. My MQB A3 is faster than it should be form a dig, but just sucks once rolling. Any big happenings in the past year? Commercially available HPFP? Anyone have a flex kit? God the MQB scene is basically easy mode...
__________________
Big Turbo Build Thread.

Last edited by erball; 06-21-2018 at 12:57 PM.
erball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #6829
Cadubya
“DUBYA” VP COUCH MOD
 
Cadubya's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BT VP COUCH MACHINE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DALLAS
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
Checking in after a year of being off this forum, HYDE you dyno your pile yet?

Local buddy still has Andre's old 600whp gti, and i drive it occassionally. Kinda miss mine. My MQB A3 is faster than it should be form a dig, but just sucks once rolling. Any big happenings in the past year? Commercially available HPFP? Anyone have a flex kit? God the MQB scene is basically easy mode...


You posted in March brah

__________________
CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD
Cadubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #6830
erball
FIA GT Newbie
 
erball's Avatar
 
Drives: Rolling burnouts
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bend
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
You posted in March brah

OK?
__________________
Big Turbo Build Thread.
erball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #6831
Cadubya
“DUBYA” VP COUCH MOD
 
Cadubya's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BT VP COUCH MACHINE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DALLAS
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
OK?


Yes
__________________
CLICK HERE FOR MY BUILD
Cadubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #6832
erball
FIA GT Newbie
 
erball's Avatar
 
Drives: Rolling burnouts
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bend
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
Yes
You must be fun at parties...

Ok, i'll restate; it's been over a year since i sold my big turbo gti. I haven't been actively following mk6 stuff, have the aforementioned stuff changed?
__________________
Big Turbo Build Thread.
erball is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
addicted to torture, blow up ur volkswagen, breaking your trans 101, failwheeldrive anonymous, fireball lives!, james'partout

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.