GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UNI stage 2 vs 2007 TL type-s with mods

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
they only make those numbers with a ported turbo.

Nope, they make like 30000WHP with a turbo port :thumbsup:

But 250whp/310wtq is respectable for a 2600lb car lol :thumbup:

Dybz

Banned
Nope, they make like 30000WHP with a turbo port :thumbsup:

But 250whp/310wtq is respectable for a 2600lb car lol :thumbup:

lies. the torque needed to make that hp would bend rods. stfu troll... stupid trolls...

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill. You should definitely get dyno'd. The Type S 6MT is quick with mods, should be trapping around 103 with what he has currently. Was he a good driver? I thought he would've done slightly better, although your car is very quick trapping @105. I'd like to see him get PCDs (test pipes) and then re-run you.

Does he have any plans on tuning? Why didn't you get it on video damnit?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I bet that Acura would never pull him without going FI.

^ I wouldn't go that far. I'd hate to get into it on the VW forum, but full bolt on TL-s 6MTs are putting down ~290-300whp untuned. After a tune, 325 shouldn't be an issue. The Type S the OP ran is missing the PCDs (test pipes), which are one of the most beneficial mods for the J series. I'd have to guess even with the PCDs, the OP would still pull the Type S by ~1 car or so. Once tuned, the Type S should creep away. The base 6MT TL is gaining 20+whp/tq throughout the powerband from a tune. I hate to bring the "if" into this, but I felt it necessary to get my point across. (Apology in advance).

A member on AZine currently has a built Type S. Race heads/12:1? CR/Stage 2 cams/full bolt ons/tune. Not sure if he has been dyno'd thus far, but he is looking for ~400whp. He did 298 with full bolt ons (Full intake/exhaust mods) untuned. The same Stage 2 cams and a tune gave him an extra 40whp/35ft lbs in his auto 3.2 TL (he put down 320), so I'd assume 400whp is definitely achievable. But that's neither here nor there.

I am in no way saying the Type S is the superior car in any respect, but bolt on/tuned it's damn quick. The one thing the J series motors have been missing is a tune.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I guess I should have clarified.

FI or Built motor.

Stock block with bolt-ons and tune doesnt seem like it will be a GTi.

Are of those 300whp+ guys ever 1/4 would be interesting to see what they are trapping and running. Any of them dipping mid 12s at all? Not trying to start a fight, just going off things I have seen on the streets.

I guess I should have clarified.

FI or Built motor.

Stock block with bolt-ons and tune doesnt seem like it will be a GTi.

Are of those 300whp+ guys ever 1/4 would be interesting to see what they are trapping and running. Any of them dipping mid 12s at all? Not trying to start a fight, just going off things I have seen on the streets.
May have been my fault for assuming. I'm not trying to start a war either. 2 Non-GTI guys (although 1 former) talking about a non-GTI :lol:

None have dipped into the 12s. But like I said, it's very rare you see a TL on DRs let alone slicks. Also, there are only about a handful of TL's that are tuned on the new standalone ECU. It's good for 20whp/tq almost everywhere in the rev range. There are still some minor bugs being worked out, but once available for the Accord (different harness), I will have it and dyno before/after.

I'd have to assume the FSI Stage 2 on meth/100oct tune I ran was as quick as a Stage 2 TSI, but I could be wrong. He would creep from 40-90 and I would creep 90+. I'm untuned.

OP, we've spoke about it before, but if you pulled this Type S I think it's safe to say you would pull me as well :thumbsup:

Dybz

Banned
^ I wouldn't go that far. I'd hate to get into it on the VW forum, but full bolt on TL-s 6MTs are putting down ~290-300whp untuned. After a tune, 325 shouldn't be an issue. The Type S the OP ran is missing the PCDs (test pipes), which are one of the most beneficial mods for the J series. I'd have to guess even with the PCDs, the OP would still pull the Type S by ~1 car or so. Once tuned, the Type S should creep away. The base 6MT TL is gaining 20+whp/tq throughout the powerband from a tune. I hate to bring the "if" into this, but I felt it necessary to get my point across. (Apology in advance).

A member on AZine currently has a built Type S. Race heads/12:1? CR/Stage 2 cams/full bolt ons/tune. Not sure if he has been dyno'd thus far, but he is looking for ~400whp. He did 298 with full bolt ons (Full intake/exhaust mods) untuned. The same Stage 2 cams and a tune gave him an extra 40whp/35ft lbs in his auto 3.2 TL (he put down 320), so I'd assume 400whp is definitely achievable. But that's neither here nor there.

I am in no way saying the Type S is the superior car in any respect, but bolt on/tuned it's damn quick. The one thing the J series motors have been missing is a tune.

so the 3.2 engine gains 100 bhp from bolt ones?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well my only experience comes from a 6 speed accord, from 2010. It had plenty of power, but traction limited like no other, as well as nasty ass torque steer.

Those cars could really benefit from new tires... Even with all that I got to 60 in under 6... but it was axle hopping so bad I thought the dash was going to fall out.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill. You should definitely get dyno'd. The Type S 6MT is quick with mods, should be trapping around 103 with what he has currently. Was he a good driver? I thought he would've done slightly better, although your car is very quick trapping @105. I'd like to see him get PCDs (test pipes) and then re-run you.

Does he have any plans on tuning? Why didn't you get it on video damnit?

Sorry no vid it was a spear of the moment run i tried geting one but no luck had to shift maybe if i was dsg :( and i dont know him that well but id say yes he was a good driver he has a c5 zo6 too i told him to bring that out but he lives in san jose and im in richmond 1hr+ away so i dont know but ya he said he whats the test pipes and something else