GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Imola Yellow GTI

azboost92

Ready to race!
don't go stage 2. it kills the engine on these.

k04 etc is nice but once it's messed up, they are never the same.

I would bag. or add stiffer springs and f&r Sway bars.

stage1+ tune is nice enough. just a dp is needed.

Thanks man. I will have to look more into it because I want this to just be my dd for a while. Going to take it into a shop that is local and have them do a bunch of stuff that they think they should do.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Love the 20th anniversary edition. Interior is a lot nicer. I'd have to throw and exhaust on it, knowing how amazing the mkIV R32 sounds like. I love that sound.

Nice car!

Doesn't matter which exhaust you put on it, a 1.8T will never, ever, ever come close to the sound of a 3.2 VR6.

Looks like a nice clean car though, enjoy it op.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
according to Austin;

2.0 sounds better than the 2.5

so maybe he thinks the 1.8 will sound like a 3.2

:rolleyes:

Haha good memory. First of all, the 2.5 is not the 3.2. The 3.2 makes glorious noises. I had a 1.8. Personally, I like the sound of a 2.0 with a proper exhaust over the sound of the 2.5. But thats just me. Plus, the sound of a turbo spooling up and and diverter valve make it far from a tough decision.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I sometimes think of doing this(not specifically a mkIV) and getting rid of the R

oehawks3

Ready to race!
Looks to be in good shape. Used to have one myself.

Love the 20th anniversary edition. Interior is a lot nicer. I'd have to throw and exhaust on it, knowing how amazing the mkIV R32 sounds like. I love that sound.

Nice car!

You can't even compare the MK4 .:R's exhaust note to the 1.8t. Stupid comment is stupid.

don't go stage 2. it kills the engine on these.

k04 etc is nice but once it's messed up, they are never the same.

I would bag. or add stiffer springs and f&r Sway bars.

stage1+ tune is nice enough. just a dp is needed.

Stage 2 does not kill the engines. Don't buy a K04, it's a waste of money. Buy an F23 kit and make 300 whp on the stock block.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion

You can't even compare the MK4 .:R's exhaust note to the 1.8t. Stupid comment is stupid.

Stage 2 does not kill the engines. Don't buy a K04, it's a waste of money. Buy an F23 kit and make 300 whp on the stock block.

Good lord can you read? I never said that. I would need an exhaust on the MK4 GTI to make myself feel better about not getting the R. Anyone who would ever compare the two would have to be deaf. And you're wrong again, F23 fits FSI, TSI and TFSI. The F21 is the only kit that fits transverse 1.8's from FT

Last edited:

azboost92

Ready to race!

GOD... Looks amazing! I want to keep it stock but being 21 I always want to be modding my cars haha.

Car should be paid off for in about a month... Decided to take out a 3k loan and just use the cash incase something goes wrong. Car payment is $86 bucks a month lol.

CW12

Ready to race!
I always wanted one of those in Imola Yellow or Jazz Blue. I have though numerous times about selling my MKVI and buying something like this to pocket the money and have no payment. I could not even have full coverage and feel ok with it I think.