GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dub-Nation.com Projekt "DUBDZL"

dub-Nation

Ready to race!
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bernie M Chacon III. I have been an avid VW/Audi enthusiast for over 10+ years. Within those years, I have accumulated a MK1 Caddy, MK2 Scirocco, MK2 Jetta Coupe, B5.5 Passat Wagon and a MK4 JTi, most of which I still own and still continue to enjoy and modify. I love attending car events, VW/Audi and Non VW/Audi, I have an opened minded approach to different styles. You can see a lot from what I do on my website, www.dub-nation.com and also on Facebook.com. My website has been documenting SoCal since I have been into the scene, with over 30,000 photos, you can easily see why. I have organized and promoted such events/cruises/GTGs, like Dubwars, Dubfest, Poker Dubrun, Nostalgia Meet & Greet, Dub-B-Q, VC Tuesdays, CIS Meet & Greet, the Hat Meet, Keepin It Fresh Tour and my favorite Oktoberfest. :happyanim:

My MK4 JTi is at that point that mods to the car are going to be over my monthly budget to build. Since I need to mod, whether it's a quick mod or long mod, I just gotta do something to satisfy my addiction. So I bought a MK6, it's a clean slate and anything is possible.
:wosschilder980:

Plus, I just wanted to start a build up thread of my MK6 Golf TDI. :w00t:

09/03/10 - Purchased a 2010 VW Golf TDI from Bradley Silver @ Neftin VW in Thousand Oaks, CA.
  • Candy White Exterior
  • Black Interior
  • 6-Speed Transmission
  • 2-Door
  • Dynaudio Stereo
  • Blue-Tooth
  • HID Lighting
  • Sunroof
  • OD: 21 miles

09/04/10 - De-Wipered Rear Wiper, De-Badged Golf & TDI emblems and installed my portable Alpine Navigation

09/11/10 - Removed Interior Pieces & Front Marker Lights and delivered to Body Shop for Color-Matching
  • Front Marker Lights
  • Silver Door Trim
  • Silver Dash Pieces
  • Steering Wheel Control Surrounds
  • Steering Wheel Silver Piece
  • Gray Plastic Engine Cover
  • Interior Door Triggers

09/14/10 - Attended PHO-King Tuesday Meet in Northridge

09/16/10 - Pickup the color-matched pieces at the body shop

09/17/10 - Attended The Hat Meet in Simi Valley

09/18/10 - Re-installed the color-matched side markers, the dash trim and the steering wheel pieces, still need to re-install the door trim/handles and shaved engine cover.

09/18-19/10 - Drove to Big Bear Lake for Oktoberfest Finalized Planning/German Exklusiv September Meeting

09/18/10 - Received a shipment from VAGLiNK and installed a Chrome Euro Switch, Trash Can and Shaved/Color-Match Engine Cover. Also still left to installed from VAGLiNK.
  • Chrome Winder Triggers
  • Chrome Mirror Knob
  • Painted Door Trim

And more to come.

Last edited:

mortis

Ready to race!
I'm a visual people. Where are the pics?

dub-Nation

Ready to race!
I'm a visual person. Where are the pics?

I'll will post pictures of my MK6 tonight. All my pictures are at my home computer, but for the time being. Here are pictures of my MK4 JTi. ;)

This was in 2003, when I was single, not married and no kids.

This is a month ago, it's back at Scotty's for more mods, but now I am married to an Awesome Wife and have two wonderful daughters.

The MK4 will make it's re-debut at Oktoberfest on October 15th. And the MK6 will make an official debut early next year. ;)

Here is an old picture of my wife's Passat, just 5 month in to owning it.

And an old picture of my MK2 after 1 year of owning it.

I am only posting pictures of my previous cars, because when I start modding, it never ends. :fighting0030: :p

dub-Nation

Ready to race!
What up, Bernie! Nice rides.
Thanks!!! The MK6 is all new to me, it's been 10 years since I got a new car, so I am super excited to get going on this project. If you ever go to a meet in SD during the weekend, please let me know. I would be down to drive down there (if my wife permits it :p)

yo Bernie! now you can post on here cause you have a MK6! lol. yay!
LOL Thanks Adrian!!! I was always able to post, now I just have a reason to. ;)

BTW, I need some help modding a TDI, the GTI guys have all the fun. :clap:

dub-Nation

Ready to race!
I'm a visual people. Where are the pics?

So am I, I am waiting the get some free time to install all my recent goodies. I should have some time on Sunday. ;)

In the meantime, I will post some inspirational photos that I am sure everyone will enjoy.

^ Japanese spec MK6 R20 with Rotiform SJC.

G-Werks GTi

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Woof! Great introduction dub! If you're ever around it would be great to meet ya. Welcome to the 6!

dub-Nation

Ready to race!
Been slacking updating my thread. I been too busy modding than posting. :p

Here is a picture of the car up in Big Bear during Oktoberfest. :thumbsup:

I'll update my thread this week. I gotta go though all my pics. ;)

UGMK6<3

Ready to race!
more side shots preeease. really wanna see how those rokkors worked out for you and wanna know what you did with them.

dub-Nation

Ready to race!
more side shots preeease. really wanna see how those rokkors worked out for you and wanna know what you did with them.

Here ya go!

The Rokkors worked out well. If you have to decided on getting Springs, these are well worth the money for just a few bucks more. However, if you want to buy coilovers, I would suggest doing more research on a higher end coilover.

To get my current ride height, my rear adjustable perches were removed. And the bottom of the front struts were trimmed 10mm. Also, removed the weld on the treads to go down even further. The Rokkors have a stiffer spring rate than Racelands and for daily driving, I would prefer a lesser spring rate, however, the stiffer spring rate helps with the lower ride height.

With any modification, you will have pros and cons. I am happy with my purchase and would recommend Rokkor any day. :w00t: