GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Engine/Transmission/Pendulum/Torque Mount

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Forget the bsh mounts if your worried about cabin noise and vibration.

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
im not chipped right now (although i might be later down the road), would the pendulum mount alone be ideal for removing wheel hop? I really wanna avoid anything thatll add cabin noise, already have enough from being lowered.

I had the Torque mount on my GLI and GTI and loved it. However, the vibes especially in reverse are something I will not do to my CC. When I go Stage 1, I will just deal with the wheel hop which won't be that much since I run summer tires year round. The vibes are not worth it because I love how smooth my CC is right now.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Do the Modshack modified energy suspension lower engine mount (search for it). About $15.
It may add a slight touch of NVH but very little. Certainly much less than any other option.

A_Bowers

Do the Modshack modified energy suspension lower engine mount (search for it). About $15.
It may add a slight touch of NVH but very little. Certainly much less than any other option.

Yeah but the upgrade the full mounts have over the insert is staggering. I still have wheel hop with the modified insert.

Mounts can completely eliminate that.

I'll have a full review of the SPM mounts when they arrive.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
BFI Full Stage 1 mounts + ECS Tuning Dogbone Insert

No vibrations at all. None. Zip. Nada. ZILCH. All power and all wheel spin. No wheel hop and one awesome WOT growl :p

Wood

Ready to race!
If you go with BFI and get their tranny insert as opposed to the complete mount order some new stretch bolts form the dealer. I reinstalled my mounts and got new bolts, I have hardly any vibrations now.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
What you get will depend on your priorities and tastes. It depends on how much you want to spend, how much wheel hop is an issue for you (driving style) and how much NVH you're willing to put up with.

I now never get wheel hop (but don't drive stupidly) and, as I said previously, for under $20 and no NVH I'm a happy camper.

Wood

Ready to race!
Do you have the part # for those bolts?

I think I still have the order form somewhere, will check when I get home tonight. Otherwise you can pull up the diagrams for that section of the engine bay on keffer and it should have the #'s there. I think that's where I pulled them from before and the dealer confirmed the numbers were correct when I ordered. FYI the bolts will run you about $40 total, but IMO it was well worth it. I get minimal vibrations even now that it's gotten colder, and I run the A/C in the morning for the defrost too.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
The BSH mounts are known for NVH, everybody who runs them even after break in has this major complaint.

The BFI stage 1 mounts do not have this complaint, I don't understand why more people don't go BFI as they offer 2 different stages for your tastes. The BFI stage 1 mounts for everything up to K04 are as effective as anything and offer the same performance as the most extreme set ups. I've only once seen an issue with a stage 1 mount and it was a 400bhp+ car on the forum, I've seen them in motorsports and other stage 3+ builds without issue since this incident. I'd love to see quantitative data showing the stiffer mounts offer a real increase.

The inserts do squat, I have summer tires and in 2nd gear at 20mph I spin violently with plenty of wheel hop. That's with a full stage 2+ car with all bolt ons and a energy suspension insert unmodified. I have a BFI stage 2 insert and the BFI stage 1 engine mount and the full replacement transmission mount ready to go in and I'll update with the results afterward.

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
I have full BSH mounts and I have no NVH after break in. You can only notice it when AC is on but when it's off, none. Zip. Nada. ZILCH. :)

Wood

Ready to race!
I have question regarding install. I am worried about supporting the engine via jack with block of wood under the oil pan. Would the weight of the engine crush n crack the seal of oil pan gasket n lead to leaks later down the line? Thanks

Nope, I used a 2x4 and it worked perfectly. I've actually changed the mounts several times and have never had any problems with the oil pan seal breaking.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I have question regarding install. I am worried about supporting the engine via jack with block of wood under the oil pan. Would the weight of the engine crush n crack the seal of oil pan gasket n lead to leaks later down the line? Thanks

As long as your not jacking the car up by the pan your fine.

Put the car on stands and just use a piece of wood as a buffer.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Wasnt there an issue with the bushing in the BSH pendulum mount?