GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear SS lines issue

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Did a quick search and only found someone who had an issue but did not post a fix or where to get proper lines.

Problem: I purchased Goodridge SS lines all around for MKVI GTI. Front fit perfectly, rear not to much.

The ones I received from Goodridge are identical (fitting wise) to the ECStuning ones found here: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Braking/Lines/ES8082/

However on my car one end is as the above and the other is similar to the fronts in that one end is male and the other female.

Anyone know where I can get proper rear lines?

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the heads up I was just about to purchase this...can any else confrim this issue???

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Not sure about the Goodridge lines, but when I ordered my Neuspeed lines, I had to check the rear brakes to see if they were Bosch or not. They are and it was a different set for the rears.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Not sure about the Goodridge lines, but when I ordered my Neuspeed lines, I had to check the rear brakes to see if they were Bosch or not. They are and it was a different set for the rears.

That's exactly correct, I just found out yesterday from the dealership that there is a difference in rear brakes between BOSCH and non-BOSCH rear brake setups. I purchased rotors yesterday which specifically said they were for BOSH brakes which is apparently what I have....

So word to the wise, if you are ordering rear SS lines make sure you check whether or not you have BOSCH rear brake setup or not. (other than looking at your brake line fitting ends I'm not sure how to check.) Actually you could just give your dealership the VIN and they will tell you.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
That's exactly correct, I just found out yesterday from the dealership that there is a difference in rear brakes between BOSCH and non-BOSCH rear brake setups. I purchased rotors yesterday which specifically said they were for BOSH brakes which is apparently what I have....

So word to the wise, if you are ordering rear SS lines make sure you check whether or not you have BOSCH rear brake setup or not. (other than looking at your brake line fitting ends I'm not sure how to check.) Actually you could just give your dealership the VIN and they will tell you.

If you're still on original pads, the Bosch shows in the opening and is easy to see. :cool:

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that if you have the Bosch oem rear setup you are unable to use current aftermarket rear SS brake lines or is there a better application to purchase?

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
USP also has 2 different lines for the mk6 I believe. I've had a set sitting in my garage for well over a year now that I need to install.

just ordered USP SS lines. When you order they ask if you are 2011+ or 2009+. So I'm assuming/hoping that they know about this and have adjusted accordingly. I have an appointment next Wednesday on my 2012, so I'll report back...