GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 MK6 vs S2000 RH/E

FasDarken

Ready to race!
I thought the APR Stage 1 put around 250 to the wheels? My HR did 255rwhp and 233tq stock. After my mods it did 293rwhp and 245tq. :)

stage 1 does not put out 250hp to the wheels

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

Chubby Ninja

Seasoned Vet
obviously something wrong here then?

a 205 whp car pulled a 250whp car? does gearing really make that much of a difference?

On a stock S2000, somewhat. It really allows the S2000 to make the most of the little 140 whatever ft/lbs of torque it's engine makes by revving to 9200rpm and coupling that with a very aggressive gear set (4.10 final). So technically it gets it's engine torque multiplied by a higher number then most cars with a somewhat normal redline and less aggressive gear set.

On a geared S2000 with say a set of 4.77's, it's ridiculous.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
The kid driving the gti, I've seen some of his other vids. Also i'm very dissapointed in the gti :( throw in a driver mod to the gti and maybe you'll see a difference lol jk. Oh well thanks for the vids.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

Chubby Ninja

Seasoned Vet
The guy driving the GTI told my boy he was tuned. I don't really know the guy. But why would he lie about being tuned when he's not? Usually it'd be the other way around, no?

And he has a turbo back exhaust. So tune + exhaust = stage 2 GTI, no?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
No, many people run a TBE on stage1/stock tune with the test pipe file.

I don't remember s2ks making that much power with boltons when i was on s2ki.com

Chubby Ninja

Seasoned Vet
No, many people run a TBE on stage1/stock tune with the test pipe file.

I don't remember s2ks making that much power with boltons when i was on s2ki.com

Hmm, that's nuts. My bad fellas. My boy is going to quite disappointed actually. :lol:

And that much power? Some stock S2000's put down more then 205rwhp. Sometimes. Not all. Most are usually between 195-205.

Bolt-ons of the right combination will see 230+rwhp