GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic K04 FSI Timing Pull - Diagnosis Help....Please...

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Didn't read the whole thread at GolfmkV but...I'm assuming you checked fuel trims? You are not way off there?

Also, if you heat soak badly, that timing pull from soak may be what you're seeing...and it can happen in our summer climate. Maybe these things were already discussed on your GolfMkV thread, but I'm putting it out there.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Any help with my timing pull issue would be sooo appreciated!! I've been trying to address this issue for about 6 months now. Thanks so much in advance (no pun intended).

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188037

The FSI has alot of safety on the fuel pressure and its fuel system is marginal at best .

I read through your thread quick and seeing you put race gas in and nothinh helped makes me believe something with hardware like poorly spray injectors in 1and 4 and or orings around those 2 leaking or intake mani leaking air at those 2 cylinders.

Have you unplugged maf and see if your CF are any better? Does the car run and perform well except those 2 cyl high cf? Lmk. Bob G

Xsabretoothx1

The car runs great and performs great!! Even with the CF its trapping 106. I haven't taken a look at the injectors, but that's a great place to try next. My fuel trims look good (I have the logs in my Golfmk5 thread at the end), but I'm willing to try any suggestions. Thanks so much for identifying another avenue to investigate!

Xsabretoothx1

So looking through the logs, it looks like there is an issue with my oil temperature sensor (its reading at -60C). I'm going to address that issue and run more logs. In the mean time, keep any and all suggestions coming. Thanks to the community, I greatly appreciate the help.

dopoz

Passed Driver's Ed
So looking through the logs, it looks like there is an issue with my oil temperature sensor (its reading at -60C). I'm going to address that issue and run more logs. In the mean time, keep any and all suggestions coming. Thanks to the community, I greatly appreciate the help.

There is no oil temperature sensor present in the FSI engines, it shows a bad value like that when you scan for it in VCDS. My Golf R reads -60C too.

Keep looking :)