GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever have a issue with their bushings in the rear squeaking? Mine were making noise for a while and I lubed em up and now its silent.

If you wanna go low in the rear id advise on cutting the bump stops too. I cut mine about halfway and it makes a huge difference. Still waiting for the funds to get my frame notched

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Which way do you have it set up

compressor - water trap - tank
or
compressor - tank - water trap.

Sent from my fingers using Tapatalk

I have compressor, tank, line, trap, line, manifold.

No problems. Barely ever any water in the trap.

Anyone ever have a issue with their bushings in the rear squeaking? Mine were making noise for a while and I lubed em up and now its silent.

If you wanna go low in the rear id advise on cutting the bump stops too. I cut mine about halfway and it makes a huge difference. Still waiting for the funds to get my frame notched

I don't have bump stops at all in the rear...

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Which way do you have it set up

compressor - water trap - tank
or
compressor - tank - water trap.

Compressor > line > SMC check valve > water trap > tank > line > manifold

The amount of moisture that gets in your system all depends on where you live and how humid it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Is it possible to drive the car aired out?

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
Not for me. Subframe hits the floor when aird all the way out :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
I've aired out while driving ~25mph and I almost shit bricks haha. I pulled over right away. This was like within 2 weeks of being on air. I am very, very close to laying frame, but I don't think my fender liners would've liked that. I thought I was in manual mode not preset.

1slow_gti

Ready to race!
Haha that's awesome lol I wanna be able to lay frame but also roll down a parking lot as low as possible. I got the accuair switch speed coming in on Thursday. Will be a fun winter project.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion

Yeah, I Have a high pitched squeal when i aired up and down. It usally happens when i drop below 30 psi in the rear

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have before and after pictures of getting notched? I'm wanting to see how low I should be without getting one vrs getting it done. Thinking about having it done while the kit is getting installed

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have a solution for the front fender liners and airing out. I cut large chunks out of them up top but I had snow and ice a crap running off of the tire and getting into the engine bay. I recently bought brand new liners and now when I air down they put stress on the fenders. All the screws are in except the "fender screw mod screw"

I was thinking about making a cut on the very top of the liner so the top of the tires can push through the liner when i air down.

Any Ideas?

EDIT: Coherent sentences.

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have before and after pictures of getting notched? I'm wanting to see how low I should be without getting one vrs getting it done. Thinking about having it done while the kit is getting installed

I'd definitely recommend it, without a notch the passenger front sits noticeably higher than the other three corners. I ran without one for about a week

Pre notch:

Post notch:

Last edited:

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have a solution for the front fender liners and airing out. I had min removed and larger chunks cut out of them but I had snow and ice a crap running off of the tire and getting into the engine bay. I recently bought brand new liners and now when I air down they put stress on the fenders. All the screws are in except the "fender screw mod screw"

I was thinking about making a cut on the very top of the liner so the top of the tires can push through the liner when i air down.

Any Ideas?

I've been wanting to do the same since the liners seem to hold me up in the front about .25-.5"

If anyone has pics of their strategic cuts it would be helpful!