GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Golf R Pricing

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/615887341/overview/

What do you think is a good offer on this vehicle? 20k miles, navigation, sunroof. Certified. Asking price $29,995 aka 30k.

What if I were to trade in my 2012 4 dr GTI with about 29k miles and in very clean shape? How might that effect the negotiation?

There's about $10.8k left on my loan FWIW. I'm trying to figure out if now might be a sweet spot to trade up to a MK6 Golf R, especially with the MK7 being on the horizon. I of course would like to find one with the lowest mileage and in best shape, so I found this particular one to be intriguing. I obv realize it's priced high...but how low might they go?

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
That's not a good price. Tell them 25 or go somewhere else. OR pay off your GTI some more, wait a bit, save up, get a MK7 R? It's like 3X the car. More power, better gas mileage, (nicer looking? obviously subjective), better handling... I mean the brand new MK7s are 37. That's 7k more than the dealer is charging you for a ~2.5+/- year old previous generation lower quality car with shit tons of build quality issues.

zerk

Sounds about right. It's not exactly a great deal. I just picked up my 2012 base, no navi or sunroof, for under 25k with just under 30k on the odometer. I thought this was a pretty good deal. Loving this car btw...coming from a rwd g35 coupe.

ShawnP

Ready to race!
I picked up my 2013 base, no navi or sunroof. 38k miles for 17.5. Certified pre owned also. I think I got a great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnP

Ready to race!
My fault I just saw that you are talking about the R model lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Seems like a decent deal to me. I just got a 2013 R, also CPO, 13.8K miles, without nav and sunroof, for $29K out the door. So figure actual sale price was just a tick over $28K.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
These prices are nuts... Why not get a new one for 37-38K? It is a better car in every way.

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
Seems like a decent deal to me. I just got a 2013 R, also CPO, 13.8K miles, without nav and sunroof, for $29K out the door. So figure actual sale price was just a tick over $28K.

This isn't too bad considering such low miles and CPO. Worth it IMO.

The one listed in my OP (which I believe has since been sold/deleted) was definitely too pricey. 30k miles, I think it should be closer to $25k and I think I could have beaten them down to that price with some hardball tactics.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Also, I had to have a 4-door, so that limited the pool a bit.

There was nothing else with less than 25K and CPO for less money.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
I am. Was it a screaming deal? No. Was it fair? I think so.

Thanks!

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow...

Last edited: