GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

SierraHotel

Passed Driver's Ed
On Humble Mechanic Facebook page an Audi Tech stated that they are to with hold the new recall water pumps.Audi tech stated the new pumps are in stock. Didn't state what revision water pump. I put in my vin number yesterday and it stated i was on the list, but today it states no recall or service campaign.

SethN

Passed Driver's Ed
My original water pump failed at 21k miles on my stock GTI. Got the BG revision installed for free through warranty about two months ago. Now I'm at 24k miles. Idk if it will last or not.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
How much was the part and approx how long was the job? Any specialty tools required?

I have the receipt of the parts in the garage somewhere. The only specialty tool is the triple square bit to remove the intake manifold lower bracket. Yes, I removed the I/M to gain clearance and also because I wanted to clean the valve chambers of carbon buildup. Took me less than 3hrs from start to finish.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
According to the Service manager at the Linden VW dealer, some may know him, Ken P. He states it's an entirely new revision. Not the old ones.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
According to the Service manager at the Linden VW dealer, some may know him, Ken P. He states it's an entirely new revision. Not the old ones.

Newer than BG? If anyone else can confirm this then I'm going to make damn sure it's going to be replaced again, since my GTI popped up when I entered the VIN. I just got mine changed a month ago at 14,000 miles, and I just assumed the problem was squared away by now with the BG revision.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Mine was not flagged by the VIN search. 2011 car. I am on my 3rd pump now(last one was replaced around Aug last year). I sure hope there would be a recall if I have to replace it again since it's out of powertrain warranty now...

CMGTI

Ready to race!

If that's true, I'm taking mine to get it done lol

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Still no notice for my VIN.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I wonder what revision is being used. I had the BG revision last and it only lasted 10k miles.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
boo, mine didn't come up this time around....