GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

2014GTI

Ready to race!
2014 GTI and I show up

Start Date

08-06-2015

Description

The coolant pump may develop a small leak over time.

Remedy

Your authorized Volkswagen dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the coolant pump in your vehicle.

Currently at 19k had it replaced at 15,874 and it was the New 06J-121-026-BG version. So I don't plan on having it done just yet.

Last edited:

juaquin

Was just thinking that. Why fix if it's not broken.

I'm doing it ASAP as I'll be taking a 500 mile road trip in a few weeks. Don't need the water pump deciding to go out on me in the middle of it. And it's free, so why wouldn't you?

Espinafre

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think anyone is stupid if they do it now rather than later. We all make different choices.

This.

My 2014 is on the list. I had my initial pump replaced ~4k miles ago. I've already made an appointment for the service campaign since I have a BB pump.

Even though my current pump is functioning perfectly well right now, it might only be a matter of time before this pump craps out. I'd much rather control when/where the pump gets serviced rather than sitting on the roadside during the middle of the night waiting for a tow to an unknown dealership. Of course, that's assuming the current generation pump is less prone to a botched installation.

SierraHotel

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm doing it ASAP as I'll be taking a 500 mile road trip in a few weeks. Don't need the water pump deciding to go out on me in the middle of it. And it's free, so why wouldn't you?
If its not leaking there nothing going to replace your old pump. My car is on the service campaign. Had my pump replace last august.

Remedy Your authorized Volkswagen dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the coolant pump in your vehicle.

2014GTI

Ready to race!
If its not leaking there nothing going to replace your old pump. My car is on the service campaign. Had my pump replace last august.

Remedy Your authorized Volkswagen dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the coolant pump in your vehicle.

Per the Humble Mechanic,

GTI water pump update!

The 19k5 service action is out. This is to inspect and or replace the water pump on 2011-2014 GTI.

We will be inspecting the water pump.

If it is part number 06j-121-026- BG no replacement is required.

If it's NOT 06j-121-026-BG or newer, the water pump will be replaced.

Please pass this info on, or tag anyone you may know with a 2011-2014 GTI

If that is true than leak or no leak they will replace it if older than 06j-121-026-BG .

Espinafre

Passed Driver's Ed

According to the Humble Mechanic (Facebook page here), they'll replace your pump if you don't have the BG version. Some people have still had problems with the BG version, though.

Espinafre

Passed Driver's Ed
Per the Humble Mechanic,

GTI water pump update!

The 19k5 service action is out. This is to inspect and or replace the water pump on 2011-2014 GTI.

If that is true than leak or no leak they will replace it if older than 06j-121-026-BG .

You beat me to it... :w00t:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
1st 2013 I've heard that fell under this service campaign. Have you checked your vin here? http://www.vw.com/content/vwcom/en/owners-recalls.html

The service writer checked & told me it popped up on his computer.
I just now checked at the link above.

REPAIR NEEDED

Coolant Punp

VW Action Code 19K5

Start Date 08-06-2015

Description The coolant pump may develop a small leak over time.

My dealer said the pump would be replaced even if it wasn't leaking.

Last edited:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Well - I'm on it. Time for a trip to the stealership.

sent from a milk tea shop

SierraHotel

Passed Driver's Ed
Per the Humble Mechanic,

GTI water pump update!

According to the Humble Mechanic (Facebook page here), they'll replace your pump if you don't have the BG version. Some people have still had problems with the BG version, though.

Cool I read Humble mechanic post on Facebook right after i posted here. I'm on the service campaign and got the BB revision last year. I don't know if I want a replacement pump if is isn't leaking. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I'm CCTA of it makes a difference

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Per the Humble Mechanic,

GTI water pump update!

So what's the difference in the part number?