GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Official California Spotted Thread!**

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Knew a guy at work with a S2000. It was an awesome car until he wrecked it.. replaced with an E36M, and I can say I preferred the S2000. I think he did too.

Good luck with the hunt, I'm sure you will find something, just don't get desperate. Ugh, sucks about the shady sales guy, but dogs like that are unavoidable.

I've thought about those but I need a break from German reliability. Appreciate it, I'll be at a meet soon enough with you guys!

I've seen that one, seats kill it for me. I'm too picky

Hey dude, I'm pretty sure you sold me the ground control camber plates a little over a year ago and you were talking about demodding and selling then. Glad you're thinking of the S2K and stick to your guns, and keep looking. This past sunday I went to my very first autocross (not a SCCA sanctioned event, an open practice runs is what I think it was - and every one of the 30 or so guys who showed that had autocross experience told me the course was way bigger than a normal autocross event because there was just so much room at the Big Bear airport tarmac). There were a half dozen cars trailered there and one of those was a Datsun 240z with an LS swap and wwwiiiiiddddeee racing slicks on that was point for point with a pretty much stock S2K (just Enkei wheels Kumho Ecsta max summer tires) that had a clean body, clean interior and 150K miles on the car (bought it used from his uncle). The newest model Corvettes were the only cars within a couple seconds from the fast leaders - Dave of AU Tuning brought his Porsche turbo, it was about 4-6 seconds off the pace (finished with 62.xx as his best time?). For comparo, in the morning when it was cold, I was running 70-73.xx and improved to 66.xx in the late afternoon (about a dozen laps total, but I could've run a half dozen more except for the food induced coma after lunch :p that cost me 2.5 hrs of run time.

Anyway, they started in the morning in the low mid 60s s and within 30 mins of the last run of the day, the two who had swapped leads a half dozen times finished in the high 58.xx for the racecar Datsun, and low 58.xx for the stock S2K. I talked to the S2k a good half hr while he was waiting for his trophy - nice kid, Cal State S.B. student and weekend racer. He has a daily, a EVO X MR with a dual cluatch that hed modded more for highway speeds, like most MK6s and he hadn't done a thing to the S2k except wheels and tires. I woul've raped the S2K on the freeway ride to the event, and the Datsun would've raped me there the same way he did on the course. Just saying - I mean, I am not JUST a drop in K04. I have a pretty deep list of suspension mods, and I'm not the worst driver in the world. But the handling characteristics of this car and the S2k are not to be compared... Where I went in too hot and washed out, he rotated and kept speed and line. But, I don't know if I'd want a car that looks that fast, and is fast on track, be that slow on the freeway - I've gotten used to the K04's power delivery at speed and it would suck not to have it, as I don't right now due to stock dp on for State ref emissions system mod and smog check - went to one, and they wouldn't let me on the dyno, claimed too low - pppffffttt. Anyway, I'd need it to make about 270 blown whp for it to be acceptably quick, and that might be a few bucks. On track it is already supa fast. I say go for it. I would if I could get away with not having back seats...

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I've thought about those but I need a break from German reliability. Appreciate it, I'll be at a meet soon enough with you guys!

I've seen that one, seats kill it for me. I'm too picky

dont be picky in the s2k work
youre never gonna find what you want

i know a couple s2k guys that track their shit on a weekly basis. hmu if you have any q's or wanna hang out with them haha

you really dont need anything other than better wheels and tires to track and be fast. stock suspension is set up great for most tracks.

people that upgrade to "cheaper" coilovers (Koni, st, kw v1/v2, pss9) experience about the same or slightly worse performance
the stuff that improves performance like crazy are the $2k+ set ups

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Spotted Anthony on the way home from work for the first time since I started my new job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
dont be picky in the s2k work
youre never gonna find what you want

i know a couple s2k guys that track their shit on a weekly basis. hmu if you have any q's or wanna hang out with them haha

you really dont need anything other than better wheels and tires to track and be fast. stock suspension is set up great for most tracks.

people that upgrade to "cheaper" coilovers (Koni, st, kw v1/v2, pss9) experience about the same or slightly worse performance
the stuff that improves performance like crazy are the $2k+ set ups

Drove from Denver to LA yesterday in one sprint.

Hell yeah dude that would be great.
My plan is to get the ohlins dfv once I level out my lap times. This car needs so little that it's worth spending extra on the mods you end up doing

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Hey dude, I'm pretty sure you sold me the ground control camber plates a little over a year ago and you were talking about demodding and selling then. Glad you're thinking of the S2K and stick to your guns, and keep looking. This past sunday I went to my very first autocross (not a SCCA sanctioned event, an open practice runs is what I think it was - and every one of the 30 or so guys who showed that had autocross experience told me the course was way bigger than a normal autocross event because there was just so much room at the Big Bear airport tarmac). There were a half dozen cars trailered there and one of those was a Datsun 240z with an LS swap and wwwiiiiiddddeee racing slicks on that was point for point with a pretty much stock S2K (just Enkei wheels Kumho Ecsta max summer tires) that had a clean body, clean interior and 150K miles on the car (bought it used from his uncle). The newest model Corvettes were the only cars within a couple seconds from the fast leaders - Dave of AU Tuning brought his Porsche turbo, it was about 4-6 seconds off the pace (finished with 62.xx as his best time?). For comparo, in the morning when it was cold, I was running 70-73.xx and improved to 66.xx in the late afternoon (about a dozen laps total, but I could've run a half dozen more except for the food induced coma after lunch :p that cost me 2.5 hrs of run time.

Anyway, they started in the morning in the low mid 60s s and within 30 mins of the last run of the day, the two who had swapped leads a half dozen times finished in the high 58.xx for the racecar Datsun, and low 58.xx for the stock S2K. I talked to the S2k a good half hr while he was waiting for his trophy - nice kid, Cal State S.B. student and weekend racer. He has a daily, a EVO X MR with a dual cluatch that hed modded more for highway speeds, like most MK6s and he hadn't done a thing to the S2k except wheels and tires. I woul've raped the S2K on the freeway ride to the event, and the Datsun would've raped me there the same way he did on the course. Just saying - I mean, I am not JUST a drop in K04. I have a pretty deep list of suspension mods, and I'm not the worst driver in the world. But the handling characteristics of this car and the S2k are not to be compared... Where I went in too hot and washed out, he rotated and kept speed and line. But, I don't know if I'd want a car that looks that fast, and is fast on track, be that slow on the freeway - I've gotten used to the K04's power delivery at speed and it would suck not to have it, as I don't right now due to stock dp on for State ref emissions system mod and smog check - went to one, and they wouldn't let me on the dyno, claimed too low - pppffffttt. Anyway, I'd need it to make about 270 blown whp for it to be acceptably quick, and that might be a few bucks. On track it is already supa fast. I say go for it. I would if I could get away with not having back seats...

That's me! Exactly why I'm in love with this car. I have been spending some time reading books on vehicle dynamics and it's obvious that the engineers know what's best especially at the s2000 level. I'm literally just getting wheels and tires for now! It's such an amazing car I can't get over it lol

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Spotted a new gti buddy on my street, it's been here for a week already. Csg 4 door you on here? On amsdell in Whittier. If so, hi neighbor lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Drove from Denver to LA yesterday in one sprint.

Congrats on the new rig [emoji1360] Was it a non-stop drive from Denver to LA? [emoji33]

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Spotted this sexy gti and hilarious plate at AUTuning

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
Nice seeing you randomly Kawika and Last Sunday.

The group is huuuuuge! We were headed to a trail to hike and that was the best coincidence ever lol

oatzel

Ready to race!
I think gray 2dr with yellow fogs on the 134 e in glendale tonight