GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

kuptonny

Few questions

I'm DSG currently on a stage 1, 1.x tune (was flashed right before 2.0 was released) and have been happy with it. Stock except for pflo intake. Coming up on 40k so I'm about to bring it in for service and I'm assuming they'll flash back to stock, so then I'll go and get the newest 2.x update. My questions are:

Not looking to do program switching, so what are my options? Last I remember I was looking at stage 1+ high torque 93 since I have the pflo. Is that still a thing?

Should I replace coils and plugs? I've seen this topic covered on numerous threads and seems like the answer is always "if you're not having problems just leave it," but thinking it might be worth doing anyway?

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
They won't flash you back to stock - unless there is the ecu update campaign that you need them to complete for registration renewal reasons. They won't just flash it for no reason or just cos 40k service. You will want your dsg serviced though at that mileage.
Stage 1+ 93 is what you would want (also refered to as high output but it's not in the file name).
No need for coils and plugs for the tune. But if you are on stock ones since 0 miles then may as well do them too at your mileage.

kuptonny

They won't flash you back to stock - unless there is the ecu update campaign that you need them to complete for registration renewal reasons. They won't just flash it for no reason or just cos 40k service. You will want your dsg serviced though at that mileage.
Stage 1+ 93 is what you would want (also refered to as high output but it's not in the file name).
No need for coils and plugs for the tune. But if you are on stock ones since 0 miles then may as well do them too at your mileage.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Will definitely have the dealer do the DSG service and I can do oil and filters. Coils and plugs are stock so I'll prob just have them swapped when I bring it in for the tune update.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Still haven't got my update to 2.1. I've been reading what everyone has been saying so I think I'm going to just pull the trigger and get the update next week. Even tho I've been happy with my current stage 1 I'm assuming the update will add some more ooomppph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I just recently went from 2.0 to 2.4 and immediately noticed a difference. I feel like torque comes on sooner and stays flatter for longer. Just more useable. It feels more aggressive to me. There seems to be a slight increase in boost as well. My boost gauge would show max 17-18 psi on v 1.2 and v 2.0 and now is showing 18-19.5. And as others have said, more boost in higher gears which make for easier highway passes. Happy camper here.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I'm planning to get this update next week along with the 100 oct and valet mode.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I'm planning to get this update next week along with the 100 oct and valet mode.

They don't have a 100 file anymore