GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TimNeedsCoffee10's Build Thread -

Gino

Ready to race!
Just leaving Freektune after completing the protune with Justin...

Final numbers are 342 HP, 353 ft/lbs torque -- at the wheels!

Charts and more thoughts later..

WOW! Impressive. Having me think I should of gone F23T instead of K04.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!

Charts and more thoughts later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Now hopefully he can get me my next e-tune!

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion

Congrats those are the numbers I would expect from this turbo! Glad you had a better experience on the dyno than I did!

Just to clarify my dyno experiences were NOT at freektune.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
WOW! Impressive. Having me think I should of gone F23T instead of K04.

Having gone from APR K04, to F23T with APR software, to F23T with Freektune -- I believe EVERYONE should just get the F23T. It outperformed my APR K04 on APRs software - and the power available on a full protune is amazing.

I'm going to flash back to APR in a couple weeks and then get back on the dyno for a before/after run.

Gino

Ready to race!
Even more crazy is the estimated crank numbers: 393 HP, 405 Ft/lbs Tq!

That is sick! I would have jumped on a F23T but little information was out if it played nicely with Uni Stage 2+. So I took a safer route and ported and polished the APR K04 I am running now. Producing disappointing numbers. Probably will go the pro tune route early next year to tune for my setup. I would be happy with 320whp lol.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Hah :). My eTune numbers, btw, were 326/332. Just to give you an idea of what can be done via email, and what can be done on a dyno!

That's quite a delta between the two! I'd be curious to see the delta between OTS and e-tune. If I ever hop on the dyno, I may do a pull on OTS before switching over to the e-tune just to see the difference.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion

Here's the chart from my dyno tune session today. The first run is the Freektune that resulted from the eTune process, and the second run is the final result after the protune on the dynamometer.

Couldn't be happier :).

Justin and Chris at Freektune were outstanding - I can't recommend them highly enough... and of course, the numbers and result speaks for itself.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!

Daaaaaaamn, that's impressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
How goes things with the Frankenturbo? Just got the K04 back from being rebuilt, but having it sit for so long has made me realize the cost of putting it in my car will push back getting a house farther than I am comfortable with, so to the marketplace it goes :'(

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
How goes things with the Frankenturbo? Just got the K04 back from being rebuilt, but having it sit for so long has made me realize the cost of putting it in my car will push back getting a house farther than I am comfortable with, so to the marketplace it goes :'(

Sorry to hear it - how was the rebuild? I hope it at least was a good investment ... the DIY really isn't too bad, post in the regional and see if you can get someone to help do it for beer and pizza :).

The F23T is really great - I'm very happy with it and the custom pro tune. When you get back to the point of going K04, it's definitely the way to go. Even on the APR software, it outperformed the APR K04

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear it - how was the rebuild? I hope it at least was a good investment ... the DIY really isn't too bad, post in the regional and see if you can get someone to help do it for beer and pizza :).

The F23T is really great - I'm very happy with it and the custom pro tune. When you get back to the point of going K04, it's definitely the way to go. Even on the APR software, it outperformed the APR K04

Oh it's not the install of the turbo that is putting me off, its the clutch and LSD I would want to go with it, haha. Clutch I could probably do, LSD definitely not. Local shop quoted me something like $3500 for the job.

I had the turbo ported and polished by SoCal, so they did the rebuild. All I really did was disassemble, order parts, and mail it out. Easiest rebuild ever!

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
So on Friday I took a drive out to my dealership in my MK6, and decided to drive away in a brand new 2017 GTI SE ... That's my MK6 on the left.

My new build thread on the MK7 forum can be found here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=442880

My MK6 was 7 years old, with 121,911 miles on her when I traded in. So many great memories with her -- and I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to the community here for all the knowledge, support, and encouragement over the years!

If anyone is in NH, you might want to get to AutoServ VW in Tilton -- they have a really nice MK6 on their lot with a LOT of extras in it ;).