GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This smell.. Please help me rid it!

Dartregor

Ready to race!
"Ozone generators intentionally produce the toxic gas ozone and are sold as air cleaners for commercial and residential applications. Specifically, they are advertised to deodorize, disinfect, kill or remove dangerous or irritating airborne particles in indoor environments"

People exposed to elevated levels of ozone may experience a variety of symptoms. The most common symptom is a feeling of irritation in the eyes, nose and throat. Some people may also experience respiratory or heart symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest pain, and wheezing.

seems...:iono:risky? unlike saving your energy...find a cool day.. get some trim tools and check under the gas pedal...doors jam.. .seats.. and passenger side under the carpet and under the padding for moisture...then you can decide you next move. Not to minimize your efforts however you've already tried cleaning, why not now try sourcing what it's not to determine your next move?

6 days w/o the GTI vs 1 day.. .life's short. Make a run at it.

We have confidence you'll sort it out :D:thumbup::clap:

Yeah its dangerous to your health if say you were sealed up in your car with it going. But thats why i was saying put it down for a few days 1 day would probably do it with it sealed up inside it. And then at least one full day with the windows down to air it out. I used to work at an automotive interior repair shop and wed do it all the time on cars that were smoked in. We got this one car that someone smoked in every day for 15 years. We ran one in it for 3 days and then aired it out for 4 and the smoke smell was completely gone. After i wiped everything down and threw in a new cabin air filter. Had a leather interior so it was mush easier to clean the interior.

But all in all its not hazardous to you if you dont sit in it with it going and give it ample time to air out. Ozone is really only dangerous in really high concentrations, and it oxidizes really quickly meaning it goes away fast. Ive done my own vehichles in the past and was impatient with airing it out. But made sure to drive around everywhere with my windows down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkdiver

Go straight to the ozone generator. Call detailers in your area because one of them will have one. They really work, I removed gnarly wet dog smell from my car in like 15 minutes by just sitting on my ass while the machine worked.