GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Running 93 on a 91 tune

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Ok so I am stage 1 and I am running stratifieds 91 tune. I just drove from California to Kentucky and cant find 91.....only 89 or 93 octane. Do you think this will be a problem? Ill be out here for a month and then I'm headed back to California. Yesterday I changed the map to Cobb's stage 1 93 high boost tune and it didn't feel as powerful so I went back to the 91 tune.

Thoughts?

I still haven't datalogged it for MAF refinement because I have been so busy. I was thinking I shouldn't do it on the 93 anyway.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ok so I am stage 1 and I am running stratifieds 91 tune. I just drove from California to Kentucky and cant find 91.....only 89 or 93 octane. Do you think this will be a problem? Ill be out here for a month and then I'm headed back to California. Yesterday I changed the map to Cobb's stage 1 93 high boost tune and it didn't feel as powerful so I went back to the 91 tune.

Thoughts?

I still haven't datalogged it for MAF refinement because I have been so busy. I was thinking I shouldn't do it on the 93 anyway.
I think you'll be fine running 93 on a 91 tune, if anything it errs on the side of caution vs 91+meth on a 93. Makes sense the stratified one is more powerful than cobb, I'm not too impressed with Cobb stage 2

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Running a higher octane is always the best choice. Keep the stratified tune on and just fill up with 93. your car really wont know the difference 93 octane fuel is just less likely to detonate and cause knock.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
I think you'll be fine running 93 on a 91 tune, if anything it errs on the side of caution vs 91+meth on a 93. Makes sense the stratified one is more powerful than cobb, I'm not too impressed with Cobb stage 2

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Running a higher octane is always the best choice. Keep the stratified tune on and just fill up with 93. your car really wont know the difference 93 octane fuel is just less likely to detonate and cause knock.

Thanks much!