GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
My problem is usually my stomach. I regret it each and every time. It tastes good but damn I hate the next morning or even the same night.

That's how I am drinking pop nowadays. I love a coca cola - for about 15 minutes and then I start to feel like complete shit.

I had a bowl of canoba spice ramen at hi five on randolph street. They warned me saying most people who order it take one bite and don't finish it, and they don't give refunds. I ate the bowl. It was the craziest thing that I've ever experienced, literally felt a euphoria similar to the come up on an acid trip before you start tripping (not that I would know anything about that :rolleyes: ) It was really wild.

I slept on the shitter that night. After each "episode" I had to jump in the shower. The pain was insane

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
That's how I am drinking pop nowadays. I love a coca cola - for about 15 minutes and then I start to feel like complete shit.

I had a bowl of canoba spice ramen at hi five on randolph street. They warned me saying most people who order it take one bite and don't finish it, and they don't give refunds. I ate the bowl. It was the craziest thing that I've ever experienced, literally felt a euphoria similar to the come up on an acid trip before you start tripping (not that I would know anything about that :rolleyes: ) It was really wild.

I slept on the shitter that night. After each "episode" I had to jump in the shower. The pain was insane

And that is why I do not go over my comfort level for spicy food.

Jaber

Modero
When you have to explain to a software development engineer, who works on web technologies, what the /etc/hosts file does, how it works, and how to manipulate it.... you're gonna have a bad time.

Maybe their brain memory table had a routing error :iono:

Wow. I don’t code/program/whatever but wow. That’s bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow, yeah.

Yeah shouldnt that be something thats like standard knowledge or something?

Nothing google can't solve!

FINALLY supposed to get the racekar on track tomorrow for what should be the first SUCCESSFUL event in 3 years of owning this POS...

...and the forecast sucks.

Yeah, upcoming weather sucks. But we haven't had rain in a while, so figure it was about time :(

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
FINALLY supposed to get the racekar on track tomorrow for what should be the first SUCCESSFUL event in 3 years of owning this POS...

Damn. Good luck man, really hope the car holds up. It should hopefully now that it's been (un)bilt?

How long do you think it takes you as a driver to "get back up to speed" if you will after taking an extended hiatus? That's one of the things that I think about having my car been down all of this season so far. Once I get back having not done a track event since last October I don't know how rusty I'm going to be.

I have to re learn the car all over again anyways I guess so it's probably a mute point.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Story time: In bahamas on cruise ship at port...i walk as far away from tourist stuff as i could with my lady. Find a shack on the beach, order up a jerk chicken from some dude. He asks how hot i want it...i told him to burn me up. Hes like ARE YOU SURE?

So he makes this chicken next to the shack on this little grill, adds spicys and sauces etc right.

Serves it up up to me with a coca cola i ordered. I take a bite and the guy in the shack is looking at me like...
ANNND THEEEN

so i take a bite and im all "yeah man perfect just what i wanted" ...
hes all

then asked if i was a local. :laugh:

Anyways i take my food down the beach, sit down and start eating it. Offered it to my lady whos legit looking at me like

i got the "nah im good thaaankks though" reply.

couldnt taste the coca cola cause anyone whos drank coke knows if youre eating spicy food coke tastes like nothing.

Got back to cruise ship, they were serving jerk chicken . Of course we tried it...lady said it was terrible...finished the day by saying to her "shouldve had the chicken with me down at the shack"

This is the seasoning i use, its very hot. 1 oz for 2 lbs of meat recommended on bottle (its a concentrated paste, like i said . its hot. )

Ingredients Scotch Bonnet peppers, scallions, salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg, sugar and thyme.

Edit: i sweat my ass off that day on the beach, cause bahamas + spicy food.

Gonna rain tomorrow, you guys thinking what im thinking?

not bad jaber.

Last edited:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
New modem and router delivered today! Need to get everything setup so I can finally have internet turned on at the new place.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Damn. Good luck man, really hope the car holds up. It should hopefully now that it's been (un)bilt?

How long do you think it takes you as a driver to "get back up to speed" if you will after taking an extended hiatus? That's one of the things that I think about having my car been down all of this season so far. Once I get back having not done a track event since last October I don't know how rusty I'm going to be.

I have to re learn the car all over again anyways I guess so it's probably a mute point.

Thanks for the well wishes. My fingers are crossed. I'm very much holding my breath, eyes closed and looking away.....

Getting back up to speed - I don't know. But it's a valid question and I'm certainly a lot more nervous/anxious than usual. I did spent a lot of time on the simulator the last few years, and especially this past spring... which IMO does serve to keep some of my skills sharp. But it's still not in the real car.

I did do two events in the POS last year but the car handled like total dogshit. Kinda killed my self-confidence as until I discovered all the fucked up stuff on the car over the winter (bad subframe, bad control arms, 4 blown shocks) I had no idea and assumed that the garbage lap times were driver error.

I can tell you that with *motorcycles* you get rusty REALLY fast.

I'm hoping it's not the case here, and I get up to speed quickly. I'll be happy if I'm comfortable and confident after 1-2 events this year.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Yep - 90% chance for rain tomorrow :(

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
For the record - if it rains tomorrow, I'll just go to work and eat the registration fee.

O wow. Glad you didn’t rent from your provider lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do that. I'm an idiot yeah.

I do it too. I can't imagine I'd get THAT much better internet performance by buying separate hardware....

Status
Not open for further replies.