GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hatch lock failure, anyone? help pls

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Happened to mine. Remove rear hatch panel and take the bolts out of the hatch locking assembly. Simple job but the clips can be frustrating

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
thanks. If I want to replace the latch assembly,I can buy it https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/ES1833778/, but do you know how to remove and install it?

I believe shopdap has it for cheaper or check europaparts. When I did it I didn't use DIY. Just couple screws and super tight clips to get the hatch tray off. Then two bolts and a harness to remove the actual latch assembly.

Steps 1 and 2 apply to you

bluetrep1

Ready to race!
Thanks Pmanpop, I bought the part from an ebay China seller, which is $30, lot cheaper, but take 2 weeks to get it (because US custom spent 10 days for clearance). also need an 8mm 12 points (triple square) drive bit. Easy job, about 5 mins. dealer charge $200+tax to replace it.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Finally happened to me. I tried unsuccessfully to open the part up and see if there is something easy to fix. I'll be ordering a new one from amazon.

Part number 5K0-827-505-A-9B9

You can get cheaper (like $30) from Chinese sellers on eBay but you'll have to wait like 3 weeks for it to arrive. Dealer wanted $138... noooope! And Amazon was right around $50 with overnight shipping using Prime.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Finally happened to me. I tried unsuccessfully to open the part up and see if there is something easy to fix. I'll be ordering a new one from amazon.

Part number 5K0-827-505-A-9B9

You can get cheaper (like $30) from Chinese sellers on eBay but you'll have to wait like 3 weeks for it to arrive. Dealer wanted $138... noooope! And Amazon was right around $50 with overnight shipping using Prime.

Mine randomly crapped out over this weekend! Reviving an old thread, but thanks for the info. If I have some time I’ll make a DIY style post on how to take off the assembly and replace. Seems easy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk