GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sadly thread for those who had moved on ;<

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
just a quick update guys, I traded 135i for a b8 s4 at the end of May

NICE. supercharged 6 wee :thumbup: Hows the whine?

And I assume now that you've got quattro the R's out of the picture? lol. I'd take an S4 over an R any day. So much more power and it looks really good.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
1Addicts is a good forum, and the guys (?) on it seem to portray themselves as "big ballers". I'm having fun watching them howl over their nonexistent M1 or 1M being compared to the 2011 Mustang GT. Good place to hangout with some pop corn for a few laughs!!!

Yeah most BMW owners are morons, that's one thing I hated about having mine. People automatically though I was an a$$hole.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Funny :), same story here with a different ending; after overruling the GTI, I was considering either the Golf R or a 135i, and not enough cash for an S4
Nice come back to VAG with the S4; engine is just a marvel :thumbsup:

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
I was on the same boat as csmk6. I was gonna settle for a GTI but they would not deal and I actually got a $40k Evo X for cheaper then a GTI (it's a long story). When 2012 comes along and the Golf-R does come I'll wait to get the best deal (end of m.y.)

Here's what I got in the mean time.

csmkv

Speeder
NICE. supercharged 6 wee :thumbup: Hows the whine?

And I assume now that you've got quattro the R's out of the picture? lol. I'd take an S4 over an R any day. So much more power and it looks really good.

I'd say i don't have any near plan right now buying an R, but i'll never know. It's actually a lease on the S4, so when the lease is over, if any factor changes, like gas price and personal life, it's not impossible for me to return the S4 and just get the R. You know, as GTI was my first car in this country, hatchback's got some meaning to me ;D

But, yeah, i think S4 is a decent 4 door in its class. At least to me, I can stop drooling at cars in the same class on the road right now. But yesterday i was at movie theater, there was a Bentley supersports in the parking lot, and i still couldn't keep myself from drooling, lol

Anyway, if I were to go back to 2-door / hatchback / compact class, i'd still choose R20 over any car in that class.

Funny :), same story here with a different ending; after overruling the GTI, I was considering either the Golf R or a 135i, and not enough cash for an S4
Nice come back to VAG with the S4; engine is just a marvel :thumbsup:

Wait, so what did you end up with?

Nevermind, I just saw you had R20 on order, congrats! I think R20 at least had two things that I like much more over what's in S4: steering wheel and shift knob :D Check out S4's interior, everything's fine till you look at the steering wheel and then shift knob, and then you go :thumbdown:

Yeah most BMW owners are morons, that's one thing I hated about having mine. People automatically though I was an a$$hole.

I heart that... There are plenty nice and cool people, but uh----- I just cant accept the whole "Audi(or in that matter VAG) is Junk" attitude seen everywhere among BMW people!

csmkv

Speeder
I was on the same boat as csmk6. I was gonna settle for a GTI but they would not deal and I actually got a $40k Evo X for cheaper then a GTI (it's a long story). When 2012 comes along and the Golf-R does come I'll wait to get the best deal (end of m.y.)

Here's what I got in the mean time.

That a beast.

I was @ss kicked by Evo X in my GTI hard... But it was raining very hard that day, uphilling, so i guess Evo's AWD is a big factor. But what about Evo X and R20?

I'm not sure if R20 can beat Evo X performance-wise. But of course it's not just about "who beats whom" when picking a car, and i personally will choose R20 over Evo X at anytime because of its elegance, but will a Evo X person satisfy with R20's sophistication? ;)

csmkv

Speeder
Allow me to post pics of the three cars I've owned as of now, and two of them are gone, so for the memory....

What was called the "Orangy"...

Then...

And now...

Next: Hope it's gonna be an R20 ;)

Good luck guys

Last edited:

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Wait, so what did you end up with?

Nevermind, I just saw you had R20 on order, congrats! I think R20 at least had two things that I like much more over what's in S4: steering wheel and shift knob :D Check out S4's interior, everything's fine till you look at the steering wheel and then shift knob, and then you go :thumbdown:

Yeah Golf R (and Mk6 GTI) steering wheel must be one of the coolest on the market :cool:
Man those are reeaaally nice cars you have owned! :thumbsup:
IMO you can live (veery happily) with the S4 until Mk7 Golf, maybe by then the R will have that slick Audi 5cyl Turbo engine found on the TTRS :rolleyes:

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
That a beast.

I was @ss kicked by Evo X in my GTI hard... But it was raining very hard that day, uphilling, so i guess Evo's AWD is a big factor. But what about Evo X and R20?

I'm not sure if R20 can beat Evo X performance-wise. But of course it's not just about "who beats whom" when picking a car, and i personally will choose R20 over Evo X at anytime because of its elegance, but will a Evo X person satisfy with R20's sophistication? ;)

Neah the Golf-R lost to the Evo X on a best motoring video on the track but your right, I would to take a Golf-R over my Evo if I could. Shorter wheelbase and much lighter weight equal more fun in real world driving conditions. I had a Evo VIII before and it was much faster then my X but it rattled and was extremely loud and was nauseating to passengers so I moved to a much slower Audi A3 but was just a blast to drive around. Why do you think Mini's are so popular :).

One last look till the time comes :(

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey csmk6, what are your thoughts on your last three cars. I to was looking at the 135I but wasn't thrilled with the looks and cost of modding, but it felt good to drive.

csmkv

Speeder
Hey csmk6, what are your thoughts on your last three cars. I to was looking at the 135I but wasn't thrilled with the looks and cost of modding, but it felt good to drive.

Hum sorry for the late reply. I've been in new York for vacation.

Briefly, GTI was my first car and I'll never forget her. I was pretty inexperienced at the time and got some problem with the understeer, and had at least once wrecked it badly. But I've always dreamed of installing APR STG III to the car, until I realized FWD has its limit for the power.

Differently, I liked how 135 looked although so many people hated it. I think its look is totally a "love or hate" matter. People either like it or hate it. That said, it's rwd, so for sure I had some fun with it esp. in rainy days. However, I owned it relatively short (2 months), so I probably hadn't spent enough time with it to fully understand a RWD. I did limited mod on it, too. Basically, a piggyback and a SSK. Pricey for sure as it's a BMW (hidden cost everywhere, as you can interpret from their online car build). But I'm going to miss it the least, cuz of the interior out of my liking and it being my only used car so far. But that I6TT was definitely a charming engine, as well as it's exshaust note, unlike my current S4's baby cry... Oh btw another reason I switched the 135 so fast was due to an expected HPFP failure. I was experiencing long cranking time often and some engine light, which were reported to be a almost definite sign of repeated HPFP failure in the near future. And according to 135 owners, once you got into the HPFP issue, you won't get out of it. It tends to fail repeatedly once the it hits you the first time.

Besides all those reason, I had enough fun with a RWD. Sure some people can't get enough of all those fun that comes exclusively with RWD, but I prefer a better power transition from the engine to the pavent and other road surfaces. I hate when I try to catch a STI on a slightly wet road, when my 135 starts to burn the tire and lose its faith in keeping going straight in the front wheels, you know. I felt it too much power for a small RWD car, but might be right for an M3 ;)

So I finally got an AWD and got a feeling of staying in rails. I don't care all those BMWers yelling how little fun is about AWD. I want to start quick, turn quick, AND start quick under any condition ;) And now I can have a full plan to keep boosting its power without worrying about radical power loss.

I'd say 135 was more appealing than GTI but not the S4, but hey I'm biased to AWD. And if you let me choose between 135i and a R20, I'd go R20 all the way, mainly because it's AWD and 2.0T and its interior. Ye right, BMWs interior is not my type. And VAG's MFD beats BMW's on board display in every aspects except for the clean look per BMW lovers. But why the hell do I want the on board display look clean and lose all those informations and functions! Just gotta admit that sometimes simpleness is not all that matters, because it become over simpleness, i.e. tattiness...

Woops got excited and typed too many words... Hope this is the kind of opinion you wanted lol

Last edited:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
How the hell can you drive a Honda? Remember WW2?? We were at WAR with the Japanese and you buy a Japanese car?? Blasphemy!!!!

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
How the hell can you drive a Honda? Remember WW2?? We were at WAR with the Japanese and you buy a Japanese car?? Blasphemy!!!!

what about that other country? the one with Hitler? LOL