GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

synchro messed up!!

Pabss

Ready to race!
any one ever have this problem Friday night I was driving went to shift in to 5th
and heard the worst grind ever so I quickly went back to N and went to put it in 6th and the same thing happened! only happens in those 2 gears! if this has happen to you how did you resolve the issue? did the dealer pass it as warranty work did you put your oem parts back etc ???
all help and advice is greatly appreciated

Pabss

Ready to race!
Do you have a short shifter/aftermarket clutch?

I have a fordge font to back short shifter and a clutch masters stage 3 with 19lbs flywheel

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I have a fordge font to back short shifter and a clutch masters stage 3 with 19lbs flywheel
Try adjusting your short shifter before you blame a synchro. Maybe even ditch the forge ss and put the stock shifter back on to see if it fixes the problem.

Pabss

Ready to race!
Try adjusting your short shifter before you blame a synchro. Maybe even ditch the forge ss and put the stock shifter back on to see if it fixes the problem.

no it is the synchro I tried what you said put the stock one back on same thing happen even when im not moving and just sitting still and move the shifter over to 5th or 6th gear it will grind with out pushing in the clutch and you shouldn't even be able to put it in gear when at a complete stop with the motor running!

Pabss

Ready to race!
With a k04 and wot box I'm assuming you bang gears?

no not at all iv only used the launch control once on the WOT BOX and iv never even used the no lift shift feature that the WOT bOX has I mainly got just bc I wanted to be able to do 2stepping iknow it may sound dumb to you guy lol but I like how it sound when you hold it down for like 2-3 sec

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Your posts are hard to decipher with all the spelling errors and lack of punctuation!

Anyways, my dealer thought it was a synchro in my car when I couldn't get it into reverse at all anymore. Turns out it was the pressure plate. Swapped the entire clutch assembly ( disc, pressure plate, throw out ) and the car is fine once again.

ncampos976

Ready to race!
i have had to repair a couple vehicles for the exact issue. but its usually just one gear. 5th or 6th gear. both turned out to be a cracked syncro.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
no it is the synchro I tried what you said put the stock one back on same thing happen even when im not moving and just sitting still and move the shifter over to 5th or 6th gear it will grind with out pushing in the clutch and you shouldn't even be able to put it in gear when at a complete stop with the motor running!
That sucks. Get ready to drop some $$$

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
just bc I wanted to be able to do 2stepping

yup, i know that feeling :lol: definitely see where you're coming from.
throw the stock shifter back in before doing anything else, maybe the cable slipped (cant remember if into the clip adjusts is to the left or right).
that's where i would start.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
just bc I wanted to be able to do 2stepping

throw the stock shifter back in before doing anything else, maybe the cable slipped (cant remember if into the clip adjusts is to the left or right).

Pabss

Ready to race!
That sucks. Get ready to drop some $$$

yeah it sucks. Just the glue vw uses to seal the gear box to waterproof it cost 100$
but I will most likely do the work my self if I cant get it covered by warranty!

yeah I tried this all ready but no luck

:cry:

ncampos976

Ready to race!
save your 5th and 6th gear from having to be replaced by not grinding them. you will need sealant, for the case. 2.5qt of trans fluid, a gear puller, a new tapered bearing for the 5/6th gear shaft, you only have to pull 1 to remove the gears. other misc tools to remove trans. if that's the case.