GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is normal? Having oil on my PCV breather hose ?

soto.jose99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
Didn't knew there can be an oil in the breather hose.

That breather hose is connected to the PCV, which sometimes lets oil particles out when it purges the crankcase of excess pressure. The other hose (connected to the PCV and the intake manifold) is part of the reason why carbon cleaning is so common on these cars.

A way to remedy this issue is installing a catch can.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
That breather hose is connected to the PCV, which sometimes lets oil particles out when it purges the crankcase of excess pressure. The other hose (connected to the PCV and the intake manifold) is part of the reason why carbon cleaning is so common on these cars.

A way to remedy this issue is installing a catch can.
Learned something new today. Thanks

torga

Autocross Champion
Learned something new today. Thanks
Both those hoses are the reason, really. The front one goes directly to the intake manifold. The rear one goes to the intake pipe, which goes through the turbo, then discharge pipe, then through the intercooler, then up the charge pipe and into the intake manifold. Oil will get onto the back of your valves both ways without a catch can.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
Both those hoses are the reason, really. The front one goes directly to the intake manifold. The rear one goes to the intake pipe, which goes through the turbo, then discharge pipe, then through the intercooler, then up the charge pipe and into the intake manifold. Oil will get onto the back of your valves both ways without a catch can.

Now I get it. I appreciate the info man.