GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have experience with Supernovalighting?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Been wanting to upgrade my crappy halogens and I honestly still prefer the oem bi-xenon look over the mk7 style.

I saw the helix ones (depo), they look decent but I'd definitely want to black out the housings and have the projectors upgraded.

I stumbled upon these lights while search for headlight options:

https://supernovalighting.com.au/sh...-mk6/vw-golf-mk6-r-projector-headlights-pair/

Does anyone have experience with this company. Product description says lights are configured (aimed) for RHD, could I still run them LHD without issues or poor visibility? I'd assume the aiming could tweaked fairly easily.

torga

Autocross Champion
A few years ago, I slapped a set of JDM projector headlights on my Celica and they were also configured for RHD.
What I had to do was mess with the aiming, of course. And I also had to open up the JDM pass. side (now US driver side) and fab up a little cut off plate for the projector beam because it was angled so light would shoot further down the road on that side. Good for JDM, bad for USDM since there's oncoming traffic on that side now where there wasn't before.

Idk if the Golf headlights will have similar quirks, but it's worth some research.

cchase__

Ready to race!
They're the same ones on ebay. The original r headlights have the shrouds in gloss black rather than matte

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
They're the same ones on ebay. The original r headlights have the shrouds in gloss black rather than matte

the eBay (helix) lights are different. They have led strips and the portion under light is different angle and length. I think modifying an eBay set is my best route though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
They look like one of the sets Ed used to sell on his site. He had various black or chrome lights with and without LEDs.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
They look like one of the sets Ed used to sell on his site. He had various black or chrome lights with and without LEDs.

Yes I wish he still made them. Looks like production stopped indefinitely though.

If I can't get clear information on the light projection of the supernova lights I'll probably do what the guy in the other thread did and have a set of Helix blacked out and upgraded. Can't stand all that chrome lol, reminds me of my halogen reflectors.

Unless someone wants to part with a pair of Ed's but I doubt it.

cchase__

Ready to race!
I don't mean helix. I saw them on eBay before coming from china. It's just independent websites like those usually just resell Chinese stuff for profit. So the price is usually more. So basically you get scammed for paying more money than they're worth

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Personally I wouldn't buy things from them they just sell the same reps that you can buy on ebay but Supernova marks up their products alot more. So you can get w.e they sell for cheaper on ebay.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Personally I wouldn't buy things from them they just sell the same reps that you can buy on ebay but Supernova marks up their products alot more. So you can get w.e they sell for cheaper on ebay.

I ended up getting a set of eds R reps for under 300 and I'll be sending them to Lightwerkz for blacking out, resealing and a lens refresh. And then I'll be adding a TRS HID kit to them. It's gonna look great and hopefully have a significant light output increase over my reflectors.