GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Runner Position Sensor Error?

DarkCloak

Banned
I got CEL p0205 for Intake Runner Position Sensor Error. I brought it by the dealer and the managertold me I needed a whole new intake manifold as the sensor is molded onto the manifold. but getting one would take over a month. This was at Chapman VW in Tucson.

Also, would the APR stage 1 tune be enough boost to cause this? I have not read about once on any of the forums.

The car runs fine though. It occurs after start up in the cold. I remove the CEL and it does not come back. It then comes back the next morning. No change in fuel mileage or performance.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I got CEL p0205 for Intake Runner Position Sensor Error. I brought it by the dealer and the managertold me I needed a whole new intake manifold as the sensor is molded onto the manifold. but getting one would take over a month. This was at Chapman VW in Tucson.

Also, would the APR stage 1 tune be enough boost to cause this? I have not read about once on any of the forums.

The car runs fine though. It occurs after start up in the cold. I remove the CEL and it does not come back. It then comes back the next morning. No change in fuel mileage or performance.

This is apparently a common failure (not stage dependent) and covered under warranty.. The whole assembly does need to be replaced.

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion

Was there any strange sounds when started up in the cold? I have a very faint beeping sound on cold start up, it is not a regular pattern just random beeps. Its driving me nuts. I could not get it to do it at the dealer. I was thinking it might be the same problem your having.

DarkCloak

Banned
Was there any strange sounds when started up in the cold? I have a very faint beeping sound on cold start up, it is not a regular pattern just random beeps. Its driving me nuts. I could not get it to do it at the dealer. I was thinking it might be the same problem your having.

No, sounds or any issues. Just the CEL.

Thanks Modshack.

Hobbes279

This is apparently a common failure (not stage dependent) and covered under warranty.. The whole assembly does need to be replaced.

My engine light came on the Tues before Thanksgiving, and I took it in the next day and they told me I needed a new intake runner. Took them over the holiday (the gave me a Jetta TDI as a loaner) and I had it back on Black Friday end of day.

They said I was the 3rd one in the last 2 weeks to have this issue. All were on the same engine types - I think one of the 3 was on a Tiguan(?). So apparently it is a somewhat common issue on this engine type.
Regardless it was covered under warranty.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion

i believe the entire assembly does need to be replaced, due to the fact that it is sold as one entire plastic peace. this shouldn't run you more then 250