GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Plac Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
As I hardwire my detector in the next couple days i learned something new about my detector. The rear facing sensor is only for laser. Thats weird.. how often do you get lasered from behind? Doesnt make much sense. The issue came up because with my visor clip mount, the top sensor is mashed into the visor and is useless.

It happens. I had CHP do it to me on 680 in Fremont/Milpitas. They will sit on the other side of the center barricade with their car pointed in the wrong direction at one of the breaks in the barricade and as you pass (can't see them when approaching) they nail you in the rear with laser.

Yeah, I said it that way on purpose.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I was invited into an entirely new world on the way home. Going about 60 mph. Cars in front of my took the first ramp, i had 1000 ft free ahead of me before my ramp. Pushed into it, I don't know if it dropped 1 or 2 gears. It was pulling nice. Then I stepped much deeper, it instantly got faster and faster the further i pressed. It was incredible. Then the Brembos at the ramp bringing me to 40mph long before neccessary. Previous i said this is most fun around town. Well thats wrong, its more of a freeway car than a city car.

JhnR

Banned
470hp and city streets LOL...

:rolleyes:

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Funny thing about the gas, around 2 years ago i almost got a low mileage SRT charger.. the old one, but for me the payment 550-600 plus insurance plus gas put it right around $1000 to $1100 monthly and i decided to pass.
Still though i would say i am not doing much better payment wise.

MPG at 80mph is 27.7 all day long, at 70mph I have seen 33-36 mpg.
Just drove to tahoe last weekend from SJ and on one tank made the trip and another 80 miles driving around the lake without a fill up, this was with moderately aggressive driving the whole way.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Sounds awesome. Yup the drop in mpg is probably worth it. After all you knew it before buying the car.

Thanks man! I love the VW, but I am getting a v8 for my next car for a change...possibly a 5.0 in that smurf blue.

If only I could get over how common the cars are plus the interior. I guess with some tasteful exterior work it would be unique.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Are mustangs really that popular in Qatar?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Did the hardwire video yesterday. Superbee's are a bit trickier than R/T's, as they have less wiring choices to tap into.

GTIProject

Ready to race!
I was impressed with the build quality of the new-gen Charger/300C's, but really only liked the Chargers. Not sure if I'm a fan of the badging - but the SRT8's look really good.

Just wished that Chrysler would get off its ass and update the gearbox to the ZF 8-speed.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
I was invited into an entirely new world on the way home. Going about 60 mph. Cars in front of my took the first ramp, i had 1000 ft free ahead of me before my ramp. Pushed into it, I don't know if it dropped 1 or 2 gears. It was pulling nice. Then I stepped much deeper, it instantly got faster and faster the further i pressed. It was incredible. Then the Brembos at the ramp bringing me to 40mph long before neccessary. Previous i said this is most fun around town. Well thats wrong, its more of a freeway car than a city car.

a 5 speed honda fit is fun around town ;)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
before i go on my run had to type this quick encounter.

older S4, i think it was the V8 model. wasnt as old as the twin turbo thing. both turning left uphill at a light. he was in inside lane, i was outside. we both had same idea, most people in inner lane try to get ahead into my lane later on. I stepped firmly into it, i could tell he was trying to get around the corner first too. we came almost identical as we straightened out, and we both laid into it. couldnt hear his engine at all cuz mine was roaring. we were almost neck and neck uphill on the straight away. i was slowly pulling away. what he failed to realize is that i wasnt in the 2nd half of my throttle pedal yet. I stood up on it (which is the only way i can press it hard enough), and i pulled strongly a couple cars before we stopped at the next light. he was giggling like a school girl and i gave him a thumbs up for a pretty close race. All this occurence happened in about a 30 second timeframe.

/endstory

Status
Not open for further replies.