GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deleted rear wiper

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
I just deleted my rear wiper today. Just thought i'd post it so people can get a pic of what it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 2,153
  • IMG_3106.jpg
    IMG_3106.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 1,027

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice work. Did you have to plug anything up? Does it ruin the wipers that you take off?
I dig the German flag badge. Where did you get it? I was thinking of painting the GTI badge in flag color scheme.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
Nice work. Did you have to plug anything up? Does it ruin the wipers that you take off?
I dig the German flag badge. Where did you get it? I was thinking of painting the GTI badge in flag color scheme.

thanks! i had to plug the hole the wiper comes out of. i just used one minute polyurethane adhesive on a 1" plug i found in my shop. and it didnt ruin the wiper, i can reinstall them if needed. And i got the flag on www.eurobadgez.com

dstill

Ready to race!
I just deleted my rear wiper today. Just thought i'd post it so people can get a pic of what it looks like.

Very nice car.:w00t:

Did you just remove it for aesthetical reasons? It does give the car a more clean line to the rear. IMHO:)

p3asa

Ready to race!
I've never driven a car before that gets so dirty on the back window. Your car looks smart but I couldn't live without being able to clean the back window constantly. But then I do live in the UK!!

Rob2.5

Ready to race!
I've never driven a car before that gets so dirty on the back window. Your car looks smart but I couldn't live without being able to clean the back window constantly. But then I do live in the UK!!

Completely agree on keeping the back window clean. Looks great though :w00t:

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
Very nice car.:w00t:

Did you just remove it for aesthetical reasons? It does give the car a more clean line to the rear. IMHO:)

I did it for aesthetical reasons. It looks cleaner and all the wiper will do is scratch the glass if theres dirt on it. plus I keep my beauty clean so I don't have to worry about using a rear wiper.:thumbsup:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
You wash yours everyday or other day? Cause thats about how long it stays clean..for me...

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I don't even have that time nor a place to wash that much.

Is there anything I can do that is like "pre-emptive" cleaning?

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
I'm not sure if you mean what will keep your car the cleanest the longest. But a good coat of wax or two always helps.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I'd need to be in a garage to do wax right?

I mean is there some kind of dry wipe that won't scratch or something to do a quick wipe down?

My last car I wash through a machine and never waxed.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
I'd need to be in a garage to do wax right?

I mean is there some kind of dry wipe that won't scratch or something to do a quick wipe down?

My last car I wash through a machine and never waxed.

they make a california duster. its for taking off a thin layer of dust. and i wax in a garage, but if its nice out i go outside. Also, going through a machine wash will scratch the paint b/c it collects dirt/paint from other cars and washes your car with all the junk stuck to the spinning cloth thing. a touch free drive through is better.