GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 04-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #3305
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
^^ This it is an AWD dyno and we are working on the Pro tune tomorrow. I will post results and review this weekend. I am very happy with the stage 2 results and the gains or my previous stage 2 tune.
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R sport, H&R adjustable rear sway 26mm, Koni orange, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #3306
TKE Mario
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTI mkVI 2.0T 6-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerT View Post
^^ This it is an AWD dyno and we are working on the Pro tune tomorrow. I will post results and review this weekend. I am very happy with the stage 2 results and the gains or my previous stage 2 tune.
gotcha, I was curious because I know of at least 1 member who has taken that expensive route

what stage 2 tune were you previously?
Old 04-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #3307
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Unitronics stage 2
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R sport, H&R adjustable rear sway 26mm, Koni orange, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #3308
JayChan
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 APR tuned DBPM 4 door DSG
My new to me GTI. Sooooooo happy with it. Completely stock other than an APR stage 1 tune on it and the ECS hatch pop kit. Is it me or does the paint have a crazy amount of blue pearl in it?

Sent from The Pit.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #3309
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayChan View Post
My new to me GTI. Sooooooo happy with it. Completely stock other than an APR stage 1 tune on it and the ECS hatch pop kit. Is it me or does the paint have a crazy amount of blue pearl in it?

Sent from The Pit.

Nice
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:20 PM   #3310
JayChan
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdagators View Post
Nice

Thanks! I'm super happy with it. 2010 with only 46k miles, still has extended warranty until 2018, and 9.5/10 on both interior and exterior. The APR tune being on there already was a huge plus too.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #3311
spenny02
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTI MKVI
Quote:
Thanks! I'm super happy with it. 2010 with only 46k miles, still has extended warranty until 2018, and 9.5/10 on both interior and exterior. The APR tune being on there already was a huge plus too.
Nice it's purrty. Now you just need to change the springs so you aren't monster trucking, and you can hit the twisties harder.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
spenny02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #3312
TKE Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny02 View Post
Nice it's purrty. Now you just need to change the springs so you aren't monster trucking, and you can hit the twisties harder.

If you wanna hit the twisties harder, then rear sway bar is your best bang for buck mod. Makes a world of difference! If its looks, then go springs.

Also have fun searching the forums Jay, lots a great information on here. There's a lot of simple mods that you can do for free or under $20 like the door lever inserts, vagcom needle sweep, clutch stop (6spd MT owners), etc.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:38 PM   #3313
spenny02
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE Mario View Post
If you wanna hit the twisties harder, then rear sway bar is your best bang for buck mod. Makes a world of difference! If its looks, then go springs.

Also have fun searching the forums Jay, lots a great information on here. There's a lot of simple mods that you can do for free or under $20 like the door lever inserts, vagcom needle sweep, clutch stop (6spd MT owners), etc.
Agreed sway bar is best bang for buck performance wise. But as far as initial/beginning mod I think that tune is #1, which you already got. Then lower it which makes it look soooo much better.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #3314
JayChan
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny02 View Post

springs will happen eventually. I want a decent drop, but don't want to go super low. I've done the static thing in my old g35 and I'm over the "low life" for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE Mario View Post

Vagcom is actually one of my first to buy items. Currently spending almost every penny I make on my upcoming wedding. Mod money will be available after that. What are the door lever inserts that you mentioned? Haven't come across that one yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #3315
spenny02
Autocross Champion

Quote:
springs will happen eventually. I want a decent drop, but don't want to go super low. I've done the static thing in my old g35 and I'm over the "low life" for now.
I recommend eibach pro kit. Great springs that will get rid of the wheel gap without "slamming" you.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #3316
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Pro springs are great but upgrade your stock shocks or they die fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:38 PM   #3317
JayChan
Oval Newbie

Question for my fellow black GTI owners, is there a lot of blue pearl in your paint? The previous owner of my car had it repainted due to some scratches from falling branches during a storm. I just want to make sure it's the oem color, which he said it was. I've looked at a few other black GTIs in my area and they don't seem to have as much blue in the color. This could be to them being older and somewhat faded but I'm still a little curious about it.

Sent from The Pit.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #3318
TKE Mario

Quote:

Vagcom is actually one of my first to buy items. Currently spending almost every penny I make on my upcoming wedding. Mod money will be available after that. What are the door lever inserts that you mentioned? Haven't come across that one yet.
I'm sure some more in your area wouldnt helping you get a headstart on your vagcom mods, just ask around for someone who can help you out with their vagcom for now