GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #57
GOLF 2.5
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 golf 5 cylinder 2.5
i actually got a freind who bout a mk iv vr6 and was testin it out on the highway bockin it and as story goes he lets the cop catch up some what and rips the handbreak and turned into those spaces where cops usually are in the dividers and books it and gets off while the cop was too slow to react...to me personally it seemed like bs but if anyone was the type to try this it would be my freind...
GOLF 2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #58
GOLF 2.5
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 golf 5 cylinder 2.5
ooo and by the way i didnt have look takin on the cops cuz they caught me doin 103 mph in a 55 so maybe yall could have better luck haha
GOLF 2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #59
DXBGTI
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI - DSG - White
Doubt you'd outrun this

Perhaps this

definately not this :-)
[ ] Downpipe
DXBGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #60
James9449
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI, DSG, United Gray
+ 1 for Bender. And who's interested in outrunning a cop? State, local, county sheriff, whatever. You want to see how your GTI (stock or modded) runs against a police vehicle (Crown Vic, Charger, Malibu, whatever), button up with a cop you've met or know or know through a friend and see if he or she will run with you -- at least in a straight line or a deserted twisty. A cop might be as curious as you are. But don't expect to be treated like anything but a criminal and a public hazard if you decide to run away from a pursuit vehicle. Radio comm is faster than any GTI you might be driving.
2011 UG GTI 2-door; DSG; Autobahn; Bi-Xenons; Lamin-X front end; Geo-Shield tint (50%); Borla cat-back; full APR Carbonio intake; APR Stage 1 ECU; LED interior lighting; Neuspeed 25mm RSB; BSH motor / transmission / pendulum mounts; BSH catch can with 42dd drain kit; P3 vent-mount digital boost gauge; EuroSwitch; LED city lights; R1 Concepts Premium slotted / drilled rotors; PosiQuiet ceramic pads; VW DG linear springs; misc. cosmetic stuff.
James9449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 AM   #61
krQw
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 5dr 2.5L UG
http://www.justnews.com/video/19308040/index.html

'nuff said. Now go try and find out.
krQw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #62
Jaja3144
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
LOLLLL v6 impala vs gti u gotta be fucking shitting me dude. A police impala has almost 1000 lbs extra weight and a crap 4 speed auto. Ive been in a 3.9l impala that has the 242hp and weighs much less than an inteceptor and still will lose to a gti by a long shot.
Jaja3144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #63
Ronkerjake
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Evo X
"How fast have you gone?"

"160-170" *swagga engaged*

"Oh wow, your dick is huge"

*Swagga staredown*

What a tool, I've gone 175 in my nearly stock GTI, and I dont get bitches from TV to talk to me.
-Built/Tuned by Speedcircuit. AMS Widemouth Downpipe, Tomei Titanium test pipe, ETS V2 Extreme catback, ETS 5" SRI, ETS 4" FMIC, Cobb 3-port EBCS, AMS Fuel Rail, Kelford 214B, Cosworth Valves/Springs, OEM Bilstein shocks/Eibach Pro-Kit.
352AWHP/312 WTQ
Ronkerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #64
CarolinaBeachGTI
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 Carbon Steel Grey 4 Door
I'm involved with in my community as a Volunteer Firefighter so i get to hang out with the all the different police agencies. Which is awesome because I've been pulled in my GTI for speeding and the they often just great me by my first name, shake their head and tell me to slow down and to try to not be such an idiot. Any who, a point that no ones really mentioned is the fact that speed or the ability to be fast, costs alot of money. This is concept that we all know....way tooo well.

With the the state of the economy the way it is, many departments across the country are cutting costs. One way that their doing this is to drive their vehicles into the ground. The majority of the police cars i've seen and taken a ride in have 100-150k miles on them and are literally beat to hell.

The crown vics ( even a newer one) have been slow and horribly sloppy. Not to mention the fact that they can't really stop.

Sooo against my MK6- on a back road twisty I could probly shake a single cop that forgot his radio lol Open highway tho, considering my cars stock and governed at 125 or watever, I would be sitting with a new set of "silver bracelets" as they call them here.

Most of the police ive talked to actually make fun of their vehicles, saying how they are a piece of... well you know. After that they move on to complaining to how much they suck, even if its a new one with the "interceptor.... or utility package as they call it" Bottom line I probably wouldn't try it tho, unless I had some serious stuff under my hood and I knew of a really good "cooldown" spot... That darn radio is really ruining it for us.
CarolinaBeachGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #65
GTiNYPD
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2011 4 DR GTI Deep Black Metallic
listen guys, im a cop in the BRONX, i drive a unmarked chevy impala v6, and it is no way near as fast as my gti, and the crown vic, again, is no where near as fast as my gti., so there you go...-)
GTiNYPD is offline   Reply With Quote