GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wetMoney's Build

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
^^

Clean :clap:

No front license plate really makes me jealous.

Yea.. when I bought my car it was located in CT. So I told my dealer NOT to drill a plate bracket! :paddle:

Did a custom plate holder from the tow hook location, but when I got my FMIC I just took it off. "I believe shaved is the expression?" :D

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
Yea.. when I bought my car it was located in CT. So I told my dealer NOT to drill a plate bracket! :paddle:

Did a custom plate holder from the tow hook location, but when I got my FMIC I just took it off. "I believe shaved is the expression?" :D

Indeed. I got a quote of $350 to shave and repaint my front bumper. Or have an offer of $550 for a already done shaved bumper, painted.

I just see this as money that could go towards w/m......

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
H&R 24mm rear sway installed in this weekend.

Stock (top) vs H&R (bottom)

Installed!

Set to Hard setting. Becauseracecar :thumbsup:

Install was really easy. Took about 40 mins total. Putting car on ramps and taking pics.

I went the route of using ramps because you will need to have load on the suspension when tightening up the sway bar and end-links.
Most ppl said that taking off the both rear tires will help with the removal of the sway and install. Since my car was on ramps, it would be hard to remove the tires. I would have used jack stands, but then it wouldn't make sense to use the ramps would it?
So moving on, I would rate this install a 3 on a scale to 10. Super easy. I watched plac's install vid and it helped me prep for this install. (thanks plac!)

I used the hard setting because, lets face it... you have a sway bar! Lets see some improvement! A quick story, 2 weekends ago a few buddies and I went on a cruise up some nice Jersey back roads. I couldn't take the body roll. It was annoying. Especially with my buddy Jeff in front of me. He has both sways H&R 26mm (f) and 24mm (R). He is just carving up these turns! At that moment. I knew what needed to be done.

First impressions:
Noticeable improvement! Straight line remains the same. Lane changing is improved as well. I am able to take turns with full confidence now. The rear of the car feels more planted/flat through turns. A great upgrade for sure.
At this time, I will wait to add the front sway. But when I do, I have no doubt my car will be like on rails. :D

Note:
Also will be adding in Neuspeed endlinks next summer.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Nice !!!
Same day I list her on eBay I need to see this lol

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Holy cow those shots are awesome! You sure made the Laguna's shine too! What do you have on them?

Also, are those yellow fogs or is that just a lighting effect done in the post editing? I notice in 5th pic down it clearly doesn't look like yellow fogs haha.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Holy cow those shots are awesome! You sure made the Laguna's shine too! What do you have on them?

Also, are those yellow fogs or is that just a lighting effect done in the post editing? I notice in 5th pic down it clearly doesn't look like yellow fogs haha.

Thanks Ben!

Just clean the shit outa the wheels lol. Sonax wheel cleaner. Nothing else really. I think they pop more bc may car is white.
Also washed and detailed car before photoshoot. So it's niiiiice and clean looking.

Yes I have yellow HID 3000k fogs. I would say minor editing for lighting, but the lights are real yellow in person :D