GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, we bought that higher end Hybrid bed from Sealy when you got yours and about 8 months ago we ended up back on a sleep number bed. Our backs are happy again and we are sleeping well.

which sleep number line? ill keep that one in mind if we end up not liking this one after 100 days.

WHAT IS YOUR SLEEP NUMBER?

one big negative i heard about the sleep number is the edge borders can bow out rather quickly, and then the bed sags a bit on the edges.

those sleep number beds range from $999 to probably $10,000. Quite a wide range there. I always liked the P6 , and maybe an "i" series too. But the low end "c" series, i wouldn't really bother with that.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
not the mattress madness again :(

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
which sleep number line? ill keep that one in mind if we end up not liking this one after 100 days.

WHAT IS YOUR SLEEP NUMBER?

one big negative i heard about the sleep number is the edge borders can bow out rather quickly, and then the bed sags a bit on the edges.

those sleep number beds range from $999 to probably $10,000. Quite a wide range there. I always liked the P6 , and maybe an "i" series too. But the low end "c" series, i wouldn't really bother with that.

We got the i8.

The sides do sometimes bow, our old one did after about 4 years, but they are covered in the 20 year warranty and they will mail you the parts if you call and talk to customer service.

McQueen77

Banned
randomly log on, find the one thread i care to read, go to last page, talk of mattresses, it's like i never left.

ive got a few rock chips now too. only a year and a half at most on this lease. accumulating a fair amount of random damage actually. some curbage thanks to my wife, some bumper rash, a few chips.. should be interesting to see what happens at turn in. probably nothing.

skimmed a few pages back. as suspected placman is tired of his 5th new car in 2 years or whatever. shocking. must be so sick of the model T transmission at this point. at least he can be king of the Oregon-based lesbian street racing rock climbers association (meet this saturday in the parking lot of the REI) though now.

manual transmission... i mean what is this, the grapes of wrath??

balls.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
randomly log on, find the one thread i care to read, go to last page, talk of mattresses, it's like i never left.

ive got a few rock chips now too. only a year and a half at most on this lease. accumulating a fair amount of random damage actually. some curbage thanks to my wife, some bumper rash, a few chips.. should be interesting to see what happens at turn in. probably nothing.

skimmed a few pages back. as suspected placman is tired of his 5th new car in 2 years or whatever. shocking. must be so sick of the model T transmission at this point. i mean what is this, the grapes of wrath??

balls.

ya.. most people worry a bit too much about turn in as far as vehicle inspection. not like they expect a cherry car after 30k-36k miles.

McQueen77

Banned
Yeah, I'm not going to fix anything. I'll bring it in a few months out from lease end and they'll tell me if I'll be dinged for anything at turn in. Then you can figure out if it's cheaper to get dinged or to just fix it. They're usually pretty lenient if they know they'll get you into another car. I will most likely just get into another 3 series because I am past the point of even caring anymore and just want a decent car to drive that has some level of snob appeal and decent driving dynamics.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, we bought that higher end Hybrid bed from Sealy when you got yours and about 8 months ago we ended up back on a sleep number bed. Our backs are happy again and we are sleeping well.

dang.. that firm bed we got last night is like sleeping on plywood. its funny how hard it is. well not $1850 funny.. we will try my real thick bamboo fiber topper tonight, its a good 1/2" thick stiff padding. But i may have to wait the 60 day mandatory period with sleeptrain and then get a full refund. then after that.. we will finally bite the bullet and just get the sleep number bed. as long as its adjustable, i will be able to find my perfect feel. i compared the i8 to the p6. its $3099 vs 2399. Pretty big difference, we'll have to stick with the P6 unless the wife gets unusually giving in the savings department.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
dang.. that firm bed we got last night is like sleeping on plywood. its funny how hard it is. well not $1850 funny.. we will try my real thick bamboo fiber topper tonight, its a good 1/2" thick stiff padding. But i may have to wait the 60 day mandatory period with sleeptrain and then get a full refund. then after that.. we will finally bite the bullet and just get the sleep number bed. as long as its adjustable, i will be able to find my perfect feel. i compared the i8 to the p6. its $3099 vs 2399. Pretty big difference, we'll have to stick with the P6 unless the wife gets unusually giving in the savings department.

i should have also mentioned the positives, which have been confirmed. i did wake up with a way less sore lower back this morning. i was strangely energized.. then a few mins ago my wife just told me her back was less sore too.. weird.. so we're on the right track at least..

i heard that firm is best for people with back issues, and its been confirmed now. but this bed isnt great for side sleeping with the pressure points.

PS WRX DOWNPIPE NOMENCLATURE:

The GTI has a downpipe.
The WRX has a J-pipe. The stock WRX pipe has 2 cats and a resonator. Most aftermarket just have 1 cat.

This can confuse the WRX folks, as the J-pipe can either be just the front section, or a one piece unit which includes the intermiediate pipe.

A j-pipe, cuz its in the shape of a J.

Passed 7,500 subs now. The Subaru rush has died down. Now I'm back to maybe 5 new subs a night, instead of 25.

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
The P6 is a fine bed.

the I8 has a little more pillowtop to it along with a pretty nice temperature balancing surface. It stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and is pretty nice.

Otherwise they are pretty similar.

If you go into a Sleep Number store, remember that they will deal with you on the price and then on top throw in sheet sets and/or pillows. They also do 24 month 0% financing on most of the beds. They claim that they won't give you the financing on negotiated deals or larger sales, but it seems to be dependent on the store/manager. We did the 0% with a hefty discount on the bed and accessories.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The P6 is a fine bed.

the I8 has a little more pillowtop to it along with a pretty nice temperature balancing surface. It stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and is pretty nice.

Otherwise they are pretty similar.

If you go into a Sleep Number store, remember that they will deal with you on the price and then on top throw in sheet sets and/or pillows. They also do 24 month 0% financing on most of the beds. They claim that they won't give you the financing on negotiated deals or larger sales, but it seems to be dependent on the store/manager. We did the 0% with a hefty discount on the bed and accessories.

fuck really? they werent willing to negotiate last time i went to my local branch. in san mateo.

whats amazing tho is how one night on our super firm bed and we both notice an improvement in our back pain.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
fuck really? they werent willing to negotiate last time i went to my local branch. in san mateo.

whats amazing tho is how one night on our super firm bed and we both notice an improvement in our back pain.

Stick with the new bad man. Sounds like improvement and hopefully will continue....

McQueen77

Banned
Our bed, the tempur choice lux is pretty dope. comfortable as hell but that thing gets so hot. We have to get a cooling pad now because we wake up and it's sweltering sometimes. A year and this stupid bed will be paid off. SO for the wife. I would have bought a decent basic non adjustable no-line tempurpedic and frame for prob $2500 OTD, but NO! As good as the bed is, you'd be retarded to think its worth the money.

BMW just announced all the specs on their mid cycle refresh "LCI" 3 series as they call it. The 335 will become the 340i with more power and more crap. The 328 at some point will become the 330i and will come with nicer more standard crap that they can raise the base price with. The 320i is getting a midget power bump up to 185HP/220lb ft of torque and some other standard crap. They supposedly made a bunch of suspension upgrades and steering improvements to the base 3'er, you get nicer interior touches, an expanded premium package and the halogens will now look more similar to the old lighting package angel eyes.. basically same shape but halogens with LED rings. Heres a link for anyone interested.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842342

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Our bed, the tempur choice lux is pretty dope. comfortable as hell but that thing gets so hot. We have to get a cooling pad now because we wake up and it's sweltering sometimes. A year and this stupid bed will be paid off. SO for the wife. I would have bought a decent basic non adjustable no-line tempurpedic and frame for prob $2500 OTD, but NO! As good as the bed is, you'd be retarded to think its worth the money.

ya our tempur pedic ran way hot too, most foams do. a bamboo topper would solve that greatly. its the best thing i ever bought for my bed. and we still have it.

http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Bamboo-...1431024026&sr=8-1&keywords=bamboo+topper+king

oh and get this... our $120 Tempur pedic queen pillows dont work anymore with the new bed. it is so stiff and your body doesnt sink in at all. so now the TP pillows are too shallow to hold our head up straight when on our side. so now we have to change pillows.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I need a sleep number. Damn. 3 nights a week in a bed. I should really treat myself.