GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
How long does blow drying the car take you usually? I assume if you have a good coat of wax the water flies off a bit easier too and speeds things up.

Yes, my cars are coated with CQuartz Finest, and CQuartz UK and the wheels have OptiCoat on them. They dry pretty fast. The C7 takes about 5 minutes total, finishing up with a towel for any little bit that was missed, the Mustang and the Jeep take about twice that due to size and the amount of horizontally flat panels that don't aid in rolling off the water.

Where the blower really shines is on the grille, lights, side markers, mirrors and other areas that are hard to really dry. You blow all that water out so you're not running around the car for a couple hours wiping up drips from those spots.

Also, using Carpro DLUX coating on all the black plastic trim makes a BIG difference. It took a little while to get it applied in the honeycomb of the Mustang's grill with the Q-Tip type applicator, but water won't sit there and waterspot anymore.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Oh man ... downpipes...

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Even with a shorter hose it will be awkward with the canister trailing behind.. The hose will eventually hit your paint.

I've been blow drying my cars since the early 90's and nothing has been able to beat a good high speed electric leaf blower like my current Toro.

Today I own those two metro vac products, the Toro, and this:

That one doesn't have the power of the Toro and to me is a waste. The slightly smaller size is nice though, but after using a Toro forever it doesn't bother me.

Is that the chemical guys mini blower? The one for like $50? Does it work well? I wasn't sure if you were saying the extra power in the toro is a waste or if the thing you pictured is a waste:laugh:

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
look, a down pipe. im shocked.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
For someone like me this subie tuning process seems like a lot of work with all the logs you have to run. For plac, who likes to tinker, this seems like the perfect way to go because the process is ongoing and gives him lots to review. I enjoy the canned tunes in the dub world for the simplicity aspect even though I'm sure things could be optimized for each vehicle because it is fairly hassle free.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Is that the chemical guys mini blower? The one for like $50? Does it work well? I wasn't sure if you were saying the extra power in the toro is a waste or if the thing you pictured is a waste:laugh:

Yes, it is the CG blower and it is not as good as the Toro that can be had for the same price.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion

Yes, all the ones that have come in around the Bay area have sold for $85k+.

When you see one you can at least enjoy the fact that the owner has more cash/debt than brains.

When I got my Jeep the finance guy said a guy bought one from him the week before for $90k and only put $5k down. Worst part? He refused gap insurance even though it was a few hundred bucks and the finance guy tried to make him understand why he really needed it.

:p