GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone here fired a Walther PPQ (original, or M2)? It's on my list of handguns that I'd like to fire, at some point or another before I make up my mind on one. I've read a ton of good things about it, just wondering if anyone's experienced it in person.

My father has a .40 and it is awesome. Probably the nicest .40 I ever shot. So smooth.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
My father has a .40 and it is awesome. Probably the nicest .40 I ever shot. So smooth.

Thanks for the input. That would most likely be the caliber I'd have, too.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I went with a Pitbull Tactical Bloodline holster.

The thing I would have issue with is there is nothing protecting the pistol from your body. The holster leaves the back of the frame and the entire grip to rub against your skin. This means you have to wear an undershirt (already a complaint I have about the Alien Gear), and even then it leaves the grip to be covered with sweat.

I went back to wearing my 9c with my N82 Pro this weekend and the comfort from the Alien Gear was just night and day. I forgot how easy it used to be to carry before I went to the Alien Gear. Plus it's got an integrated laser and 12 round mags instead of the 7 round with 9 round reloads of the XDs. Think I'll see if a slightly different wardrobe and moving the holster from the 5 O'clock closer to the 3-4 O'clock will clear the seat bolsters in the S4. Or else I'm going to order another N82 for my XDs and see if the smaller frame and wearing closer to the 3 O'clock works.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The thing I would have issue with is there is nothing protecting the pistol from your body. The holster leaves the back of the frame and the entire grip to rub against your skin. This means you have to wear an undershirt (already a complaint I have about the Alien Gear), and even then it leaves the grip to be covered with sweat.

I went back to wearing my 9c with my N82 Pro this weekend and the comfort from the Alien Gear was just night and day. I forgot how easy it used to be to carry before I went to the Alien Gear. Plus it's got an integrated laser and 12 round mags instead of the 7 round with 9 round reloads of the XDs. Think I'll see if a slightly different wardrobe and moving the holster from the 5 O'clock closer to the 3-4 O'clock will clear the seat bolsters in the S4. Or else I'm going to order another N82 for my XDs and see if the smaller frame and wearing closer to the 3 O'clock works.

I got the one with the full sweat guard so the slide is fully covered. Sure the grip is left to rub on your body but it's not as bad as you might think. Also, sweat isn't going to affect polymer too much...I also keep my guns pretty clean so I'm not worried about it. I find them to be really comfortable and I never use under shirts, although I might start wearing a tank top as an under shirt. Unless you use a hybrid holster, the grip is always going to be exposed to your body. Plus I can get a great grip on the pistol when drawing with this holster.

When I got to the shop I also looked at the crossbreed supertuck, it was the same price, but I went with the Pitbull since it can be used as an OWB holster too.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I'll take a look at those N82 holsters, cause you know, you can never have too many holsters, right? :laugh:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I find them to be really comfortable and I never use under shirts, although I might start wearing a tank top as an under shirt. Unless you use a hybrid holster, the grip is always going to be exposed to your body. Plus I can get a great grip on the pistol when drawing with this holster.

Yeah, sweat won't hurt polymer, but depending on the gun having the grip coated with slippery sweat may not be great. The XDs has a real blocky grip wouldn't be a problem, but the 9c has a less aggressive grip.

Plus, I found that while the material on the Alien gear irritated my skin I was not a fan of the grip rubbing and poking on my side either. And after I went to a tank top undershirt I found that undershirts just cause the whole rig to slide around too much. And then the undershirt gets bunched up, and it's just a mess.

I'll take a look at those N82 holsters, cause you know, you can never have too many holsters, right? :laugh:

LMAO

I read an article that was talking about anyone that CCWs has a drawer full of holsters. LMAO I guess I am headed that direction.

I may sell the Alien Gear's on ebay though.....lol

Check out the N82s, they keep the grip off your skin and that retention lock system in the Professional series is a nice feature. It's amazing that a holster with only a single clip can out hold a holster with two, but it does.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Summer is right around the corner and I am thinking of picking up a slim frame 9mm to carry during these hotter months.

First one on the list is S&W Shield9, then comes G43, maybe a Walther PPS? Not a fan of the XD series, but I'm not ruling it out just yet.

I shot a Shield40 and I was surprised at how smooth it was for such a small gun shooting a 40. That got me looking into the Shield, the ergonomics are spot on too, feels great in the hands and the texture is nice (rubbery).

Anybody got any input or suggestions for any other slim frame 9mm's?

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Summer is right around the corner and I am thinking of picking up a slim frame 9mm to carry during these hotter months.

First one on the list is S&W Shield9, then comes G43, maybe a Walther PPS? Not a fan of the XD series, but I'm not ruling it out just yet.

I shot a Shield40 and I was surprised at how smooth it was for such a small gun shooting a 40. That got me looking into the Shield, the ergonomics are spot on too, feels great in the hands and the texture is nice (rubbery).

I love my Shield in .40 and my Walther PPS in .40. Both shoot 9mm fine as well, but I'm .40 based and 9mm is a much smaller part of my collection.

Haven't shot a 43 yet.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I love my Shield in .40 and my Walther PPS in .40. Both shoot 9mm fine as well, but I'm .40 based and 9mm is a much smaller part of my collection.

Haven't shot a 43 yet.

I was blown away at how awesome the Shield40 was. Could have been because I had really low expectations. I haven't shot a 43 yet either, but I imagine it's more or less like a 26.

The Walther also piqued my interest because supposedly they have some of the best triggers. I haven't shot one yet. Glad to hear you have both, and like them.

Have you shot an XDs?

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Have you shot an XDs?

I have. I personally only own one XD, a 5" Tactical that I got in a trade/debt situation. I don't care for the XD's much due to the trigger. I had to put a trigger kit on my XD just to make it so I would keep it.

I don't want to modify any guns I use for carrying, so they are out for me.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

As I mentioned before I have been using the XDs as a carry for several months. I had shot it before when making my first carry choice and voted against it due to the painful grip (hard plastic). After the issues with the S&W MP9c in the S4 I decided to just buck up and learn to handle it. I also couldn't remember if the one I shot was the .45 which would be way worse on recoil.

I bought the 3.3" XDs in 9mm and went to the range.

I out shot every target with the XDs better than my MP9c. It left marks on my hand and hurt afterwards (but not during firing) but the groupings were so much better. Can't explain it but I could get rounds on target that much easier.

I'm no competitive shooter, I have heard people complain about the triggers (and people complain about the MP9cs trigger as well LOL) but I find no issues with them. My only complaint with the slim frames are ammo capacity, the XDs gets a 7 round 9mm standard with an extended capacity only going up to 9.

I love my Shield in .40 and my Walther PPS in .40.

I can't remember if it was the PPS or the PK380 but my wife and I both tried it (I want to say it was the PPS in 9mm) and the shell ejection was horrible. It kept ejecting backwards more than outwards, one time it bounced off my safety glasses. Not sure if it is designed to be ambidextrous and they just missed the mark on an upwards ejection, but that was a deal breaker for me.

On a separate note back to our carry conversation, anyone ever try these for concealed carry?

http://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt-v-neck.html

I've gone back to my N82 holster with the SW MP9c and just can not get myself to give up that comfort to go back to the AlienGear ones. But I hate not being able to drive the S4 (or stressing about the damage to the leather which appears to not be permanent right now but I don't want to press it.) This shirt, if it works, seems perfect as I could actually carry two pistols and have a backup in case something happens to my strong arm or to the main pistol.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
The texture of the grip on the XD is one thing I don't like, seems too aggressive to carry everyday. I'm a fatboy so that stuff rubs up on me haha

I've actually heard that the XDs triggers are better than the Shield triggers. That's why I haven't ruled out the XD just yet.

Capacity is a draw back with a slim frame, but I knew that going in. Carrying my 23 is fine for most of the year, in the summer though I want something slimmer so I can possibly conceal better with lighter clothing.

My Glock has also ejected brass towards my face, doesn't bother me too much. It's rare. Obviously would be nice if it didn't do it at all though.

I can't check out your link at work but I have not used anything from 511 Tactical. I plan on checking out some of their stuff though.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
TSI GUY whoever you are, get a g26.

Not slim frame, doe.

Chick that I've been seeing says she will sell me her 26 for $400. Mehhhh. I want a slim frame.

gliitch

Ready to race!
Stop listening to what people say and go shoot them and you pick what you like the most

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk