GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen reveals the refreshed 2018 Golf

icee

Ready to race!
I was going to grumble about how there doesn't appear to be a physical volume knob on the radio. I realized that I mainly use the steering wheel controls for volume most of the time.

I test drove a new civic with their newfangled swipe up volume touch bar. FLEH.

I'd be happy as long as the steering wheel controls have a nice satisfying buttons like they do now.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
VW's new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission also appears in all new Golf models, and it will gradually replace the six-speed version.

zrickety

The Fixer
So is it an updated mk7 or the mk8? I'm not impressed either way.

mfractal

Ready to race!
Do they really replace the dq250 with the dq200 or is it the dq501 7 speed they are going to be using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone else considering an Mk8?

For a while I've been looking at the jaguar f type s AWD and for the price of a used one I should be able to buy a fully loaded R and build it which sounds more fun and is definitely more practical... inevitably it seems most of the community hates the new body when it comes out and accepts it a couple years into it :) but rumors of a 400hp turbo vr6 have me intrigued to say the least.

zrickety

The Fixer
I'd consider an mk8 if it's not hideous like these facelift pics.

Ihaterice

Ready to race!
Looks gross. I swear VAG car design has gone to shit these days.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Wheels are hideous. Trying way too hard.

Uberryan

Banned
but rumors of a 400hp turbo vr6 have me intrigued to say the least.

"rumors". Pretty sure the VR6 is as dead as dead gets. If you're looking at models under the VAG banner like the TT-RS and think they'll swap it over to the Golf R platform, you'd be looking at a fairly long stretch of unlikeliness. VW likes to keep their cars practical and affordable, that means in MPGs and insurance rates, regardless of trim lines, Phaeton withholding. That said, we'll probably never see much else in the lines of a 6-cyl. V8 for the Phaeton if that ever rears its ugly head ever again in the states maybe.

I wish we could get the 2.5T from the TT-RS in a golf R, that'd make it almost bearable to want to own.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I don't have high hopes for the styling of the MK8...Guess we'll just have to see in 2018/2019...