GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R owner, question about IE IMPro stage 2

Golfrninja

Hey.. New here from the Dallas Tx area. Purchased my 2012 Golf R this past summer. Eventually after a month or two I got the APR stage 1 and a cold intake. Last weekend I upgraded to a stage 2 APR. The intake manifold went bad so I decided to get the runner flap delete from APR also. Car now consists of
-RFD
- Cold intake
- APR down pipe
-gfb dv+
-high pressure fuel pump
-100 octane and 93 octane
To be honest I'm not impressed with the results. (With apr) The car is nice but I feel like it dosnt have the ummmmff that it's wanting to give. Would replacing the clutch help unleashe more power? I'm tired of getting smoked by mustangs lol. Anyone noticed much difference with a better clutch. Obviously it would help put more power to the wheels.

Also have been eyeballing I.E. Stage 2 or there Big turbo kit. (I know it's expensive) but is anyone running either the stage 2 or there big turbo kit? Don't

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Hey.. New here from the Dallas Tx area. Purchased my 2012 Golf R this past summer. Eventually after a month or two I got the APR stage 1 and a cold intake. Last weekend I upgraded to a stage 2 APR. The intake manifold went bad so I decided to get the runner flap delete from APR also. Car now consists of
-RFD
- Cold intake
- APR down pipe
-gfb dv+
-high pressure fuel pump
-100 octane and 93 octane
To be honest I'm not impressed with the results. (With apr) The car is nice but I feel like it dosnt have the ummmmff that it's wanting to give. Would replacing the clutch help unleashe more power? I'm tired of getting smoked by mustangs lol. Anyone noticed much difference with a better clutch. Obviously it would help put more power to the wheels.

Also have been eyeballing I.E. Stage 2 or there Big turbo kit. (I know it's expensive) but is anyone running either the stage 2 or there big turbo kit? Don't

A new clutch definitely would unleash more power and beat mustangs :wosschilder980:

MKJBM05

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm on the same boat running a stock clutch. Haven't upgraded yet because I've been tackling my car payments to get it paid off asap.

Clutch will help as it will hold down the power better than stock. But all honesty, APR tune isn't the most aggressive in the game. They are good but more on the reliability side. Reasons why dealers would tune with APR since there's never been a lot of reported issue. If you plan on staying Stage 2 and want the most power, based on what people have written on the forums, it's better going all out Stage 2 United MotorSports or IE Stage 2 IM Pro with their intake manifold. Both those tunes have more aggressive torque/power.

If you want to stay APR, go with their Stage 3 kit if money isn't an issue :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfrninja

Thanks for the replies. I'll get the new clutch in when Iv got the time. I'll see how well the new clutch does. And go from there. I'll check out United MotorSports. I'm just really impressed and sold on the IE pro seeing it puts 442wtq on 100 octane. Almost seems unreal to have that much torque, running stock turbo and only upgrading the IM and intercooler. APR seems very reliable but that Borg Warnner from IE is impressive. Just wish I could take a ride in one before dumping nearly 20,000 into the car. Lol. If anyone has that setup I'd seriously fly out to take a ride in one lol.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies. I'll get the new clutch in when Iv got the time. I'll see how well the new clutch does. And go from there. I'll check out United MotorSports. I'm just really impressed and sold on the IE pro seeing it puts 442wtq on 100 octane. Almost seems unreal to have that much torque, running stock turbo and only upgrading the IM and intercooler. APR seems very reliable but that Borg Warnner from IE is impressive. Just wish I could take a ride in one before dumping nearly 20,000 into the car. Lol. If anyone has that setup I'd seriously fly out to take a ride in one lol.

I just upgraded to a Hybrid KO4 turbo. Car is still undergoing custom tuning. I had the United Motorsport Stage 2+ tune before ( I still have the ECU for sale with the UM software) and it was fast. I could adjust boost all the way to 30 psi with the UM tune. 30psi plus brake boosting and no lift shifting....should beat those pesky mustangs.

yanRB

I recently just switched from APRs stage 2+ to IE's stage 2 pro IM, not as big of a jump as stage 1 to stage 2 is but its definitely a big improvement. I would definitely recommend it if you're thinking about it!

jmanxyz

Passed Driver's Ed
Where in the power band are you not satisfied? Few weeks ago I went from stage 1 apr with intake to complete IE IMPRO 2.

1st gear launch control on stock clutch setup is quick (911 turbo s 60ft times on the streets, not a prepped track, 1.7seconds on 93 octane)

FYI, after 3 launch controls and maybe a dozen flat foot shifts spread out over last few weeks...i need a clutch now (3-6 gear clutch slips with throttle over 75% ~4000rpm...jumps to redline..)

bebersol

Ready to race!
Clutch is a tough choice.

if you go SMF you can get several nice performance setups (Sachs, Clutch masters...) you will get more (gear) chatter, and removing the DMF which functions as your harmonic balancer will allow more gear and engine wear, but you can shed a lot of FW weight.

If you go DMF you basically have 2 choices Sachs or LuK (both German). Luk makes a pressure plate with higher clamping pressures. Look for RSR clutch here http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3888.

If you planning on tuning to the 400+hp 400+Flb you should think about SMF because the pressure plates for the DMF probably don't have enough clamping force, and you may blow a DMF apart... see youtube...

trade offs

bebersol

Ready to race!
Let me know what you get, as I'm still trying to figure out which solution I'm going for, but right now I'm leaning towards a new (Sachs) DMF with the Sachs performance pressure plate and rigid friction plate.

As I've learned not all DMFs are equal, Luk makes 2 varieties (standard and pendulum) BTW LuK invented the DMF. Sachs makes a slightly different design which looks like it may have better longevity. The pendulum is supposed to remove vibration the best, but may have some sustainability to damage in racing situations.

LuK also invented the Self Adjusting Clutch SAC. this is what's in the HS-RSR kit. Sachs also has a SAC, it looks like a licensed version of the LuK.