GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI BOSER?!?!?

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
This worked out pretty good! After I mounted and adjusted/tightened them up the splitter and bumper are much more rigid

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
So... I really believe there should be a tire standard.

The previous tire setup was a 275/35r19 Bridgestone re760 sport. Since there was slight stretch on the wheels I decided to go one size wider with the Toyos and run a 285/35r18.

Today was judgment day and although the wheel/tire looks amazing to me it doesn't fit when airing out and there are clearance issues. The tires bubble over even on the 11inch rears. After measuring and researching the old Bridgestone is the same size as a 255 toyo...

So instead of going up one size I went up three... That's stupid as hell IMO. There shouldn't be "narrow" or "wider" tires.

So I'll be hitting up Toyo to see if they can get me 265s. Wish me luck!

Btw both wheel setups are the same specs except the offset

Roctre

Ready to race!
Its a well know thing all tires aren't made to the same standards. I know federals run a size bigger. I think hankooks run true to size and the bf-goodrich tires I have seem to run a little big for just a 225 since they are maybe a half inch less wide than my 245s when I layed them side by side.

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Its a well know thing all tires aren't made to the same standards. I know federals run a size bigger. I think hankooks run true to size and the bf-goodrich tires I have seem to run a little big for just a 225 since they are maybe a half inch less wide than my 245s when I layed them side by side.
I know that as well I just didn't know Bridgestone and Toyo did weird crap like that. Because of this sizing issue I'm not sure if Toyo will be helping me out. I definitely don't have 800 to throw at another set of tires

Roctre

Ready to race!
I know that as well I just didn't know Bridgestone and Toyo did weird crap like that. Because of this sizing issue I'm not sure if Toyo will be helping me out. I definitely don't have 800 to throw at another set of tires

That sucks if they don't help you out.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I thought that toyo was sponsoring you. Maybe I don't know exactly what that means.

I know that when I was looking at tires, the Michelin PS3+ had about a 1/2" larger contact patch than some of the others I was looking at in the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I thought that toyo was sponsoring you. Maybe I don't know exactly what that means.

I know that when I was looking at tires, the Michelin PS3+ had about a 1/2" larger contact patch than some of the others I was looking at in the same size.

They are so I've emailed them. The 275 re760 sport has the same contact patch as the 255 Toyo proxes t1 sport. So I went up three sizes instead of one like I wanted. Yaaaaay [emoji23][emoji379]

Phur

Autocross Champion
I'm getting kind of sick of wheel and tire shit too. I just got my new wheel (pothole) a couple of weeks ago and I evidently picked up a nail a couple of days ago. [emoji19]

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
I'm getting kind of sick of wheel and tire shit too. I just got my new wheel (pothole) a couple of weeks ago and I evidently picked up a nail a couple of days ago. [emoji19]

That's my worst nightmare now. These are the most expensive wheels I've gotten yet (4kmsrp) and these tires don't have road hazard

Phur

Autocross Champion
Good deal... I'm glad!

Phur

Autocross Champion
And I'm not done dealing with tire shit... they dented the area just in front of the sideskirts on both sides with their lift (small but fairly sharp indentations that anyone that isn't anal like us would never notice). I didn't figure there was anything I could do about that. But now I just noticed that they mounted the damned tire backwards!