GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No intake WOOSH sounds?

cchase__

Ready to race!
I was wondering because I have the new apr intake and the GFB DV+ and I hear no intake woosh or whining noise. What's the deal? I have wastegate rattle that sounds like rustling leaves.. not sure if this is a problem? If it is normal or everyone has it?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The apr intake is enclosed so it's one of the quieter ones. If you want to hear it you need an open intake like unitronic or integrated engineering. Or do something to open up the apr intake.

The wastegate rattle can be fixed with a new clip.

Phur

Autocross Champion
The “whoosh” is still there. It’s just not in your face. It’s a bit too cold for it now, but with the sunroof open it is very obvious. I imagine that is more what it sounds like outside of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Do the soundaktor delete and you'll here your woosh.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I just don't hear my intake at all even with the windows down.

assuming you dont have a 2010, do the soundaktor delete, and remove your hood's liner which kills sound.

cchase__

Ready to race!
assuming you dont have a 2010, do the soundaktor delete, and remove your hood's liner which kills sound.
I just removed the liner and It literally made no difference lol. I'm not going to do a soundaktor delete because I like the soundaktor, It makes the car sound better.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I just removed the liner and It literally made no difference lol. I'm not going to do a soundaktor delete because I like the soundaktor, It makes the car sound better.

to each their own but the soundaktor only affects interior "noise". can just unplug the soundaktor instead of an outright delete...

crecraft89

I know what your saying . Some intakes are just louder then others due to the design . I use to have a modshack intake and boy you could hear it . I picked up a Cobb intake now and it's relatively pretty quiet .

cchase__

Ready to race!
I know what your saying . Some intakes are just louder then others due to the design . I use to have a modshack intake and boy you could hear it . I picked up a Cobb intake now and it's relatively pretty quiet .
Yeah man It's whatever lol At least it looks good!

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Are you tuned? I had an APR intake for a year before I got tuned and didn't hear it much until after the tune

cchase__

Ready to race!
Are you tuned? I had an APR intake for a year before I got tuned and didn't hear it much until after the tune
I'm cobb stage 1+ It could be that considering It's just a flash tune running less boost most likely. I ordered a downpipe and I'm going to get a stage 2 protune from stratified so I'll see what's up.

Last edited: