GOLFMKV

Changing Windshield Wiper Blades CHEAPLY on MK6

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Meanwhile, in other parts of the country,

*shudder*

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Did not care for the Bosch Icons though... the connecting piece was bigger than stock.

I found that out as well......after I installed them. I sticks out noticably when you look above the dashboard.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
How often do we change wiper blades

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Also dealer is saying OEM VW supposedly bosch...45 bucks ..freaking scammers...

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm going about 2 years for blade replacements. Using Bosch Aero Twin blades. Your dealers price isn't that bad. I paid a bit less on Amazon, but not much less.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I'm going about 2 years for blade replacements. Using Bosch Aero Twin blades. Your dealers price isn't that bad. I paid a bit less on Amazon, but not much less.

Gotcha thanks for making me feel a Little better lmao

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Also dealer is saying OEM VW supposedly bosch...45 bucks ..freaking scammers...
yeah the bosch blades run about ~$20 a piece so not to much of a mark up there.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I'm on my 4th year with my original blades. Still works great...no streaks or noise. Is that weird?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm on my 4th year with my original blades. Still works great...no streaks or noise. Is that weird?

I've been changing my blades once a year for the past few years. The ones I ordered last year are still good though. I live in FL though so my wipers get used a ton and I need to make sure I've got good wipers.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I figure in LA wiper last a very long time. In FL I'd guess it would be severe use. Here in OH I figure 2 years is good. If I use the wipers to clear the frost off in the winter they are shot in a year, if not sooner.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I figure in LA wiper last a very long time. In FL I'd guess it would be severe use. Here in OH I figure 2 years is good. If I use the wipers to clear the frost off in the winter they are shot in a year, if not sooner.

I have to change mine at least once a year.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I agree that I don't use them often in L.A., but I would think they would still get dry and brittle after 4 years. But nope...they still work great. My wife's A3 is on her 3rd pair, so I'm not sure what happened there.