GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question for those using JL Audio X300/1 amp

dudemanz

Ready to race!
I am planning my amp and sub install and have a question. Excuse me if this is a dumb question. I don't know a lot about car audio.

I see a lot of you using the X300/1 with a LOC, specifically the AudioControl LC2i. Why? The amp says:

The page from Crutchfield says, "speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)"

If it accepts speaker level inputs, why do you need an LOC?

dudemanz

Ready to race!
bump

Staudie

Dudemanz,

For me there were two reasons;

1. Remote turn on.. The LC2i will turn on the amp when it senses an audio signal.
2. Since I have a Dynaudio system the LC2i will help replace the bass tones that the factory amp is removing to keep from damaging the factory speaker at high volume.

Hope this helps,
~Staudie

georgy

Ready to race!
I am planning my amp and sub install and have a question. Excuse me if this is a dumb question. I don't know a lot about car audio.

I see a lot of you using the X300/1 with a LOC, specifically the AudioControl LC2i. Why? The amp says:

The page from Crutchfield says, "speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)"

If it accepts speaker level inputs, why do you need an LOC?

For the base audio system, there is no reason, as I don't think that it cuts back on the bass at high volumes. Not sure if the Dynaudio does, but good a good LOC like LC2i would fix that if it did.

Amps that have a high level input, usually use the same inputs for remote turn-on.

Last edited: