GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
NEW PCV Valve comes in today, but in the meantime the Rear main seal didn't want to be patient and blew a gasket. So that is fun. IAbed one going in.

Can't wait to run the iAbed one - it'll be going in when I do my clutch next year.

cchase__

Ready to race!
Also some posts a few back were talking about wheel shake at high speeds. I had that but now it's fixed with the R32 undertray. I guess it was just turbulence shaking it.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone have strong opinions regarding an anti-lift kit vs the full superpro control arm with ALK kit?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
You put it in? I've seen other repair kits.. what makes this better?

Here is a good comparison between the cheap pcv diaphragms and the quality ones.
As you can see, the thickness of the material is more than double. The thin black one can be torn by hand easily, and the thicker orange one cannot be torn by hand. There are fibers woven into the rubber for strength.
I would recommend using a quality one, either the newest revision OEM, or simply replace the diagram with the link posted above.

I can post a few pictures or a short video of how to pull it apart tomorrow.

Seems to be made of high quality components. I just ordered a kit to try out.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
nice! Micrometer to show the facts

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Found a pair of passat control arms yesterday from someone parting out their car. $60 for both of them and I can just pick them up so no shipping. Gonna get my bushings installed on those and maybe get them in on monday depending on how hungover I am. Also reached out to rotorlab to check the status of my BBK. I guess one of them was out for a few weeks but they should be starting work on mine in the next week or so. While i'm doing all this work, would it make sense to get upgraded ball joints? Not sure if there is really any performance benefit to upgrading them (literally dont know, haven't done any research) but now would be the time while I have it all apart.

torga

Autocross Champion
Found a pair of passat control arms yesterday from someone parting out their car. $60 for both of them and I can just pick them up so no shipping. Gonna get my bushings installed on those and maybe get them in on monday depending on how hungover I am. Also reached out to rotorlab to check the status of my BBK. I guess one of them was out for a few weeks but they should be starting work on mine in the next week or so. While i'm doing all this work, would it make sense to get upgraded ball joints? Not sure if there is really any performance benefit to upgrading them (literally dont know, haven't done any research) but now would be the time while I have it all apart.
in4 Rotorlab impressions. Are you just getting calipers from them, or the kit with rotors as well?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
in4 Rotorlab impressions. Are you just getting calipers from them, or the kit with rotors as well?

Front and rear 18z calipers and rotors, along with rear mk5 r32 calipers for the emergency brake.

torga

Autocross Champion
Front and rear 18z calipers and rotors, along with rear mk5 r32 calipers for the emergency brake.

Why 18Z over 17Z? Why the extra parking brake?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Why 18Z over 17Z? Why the extra parking brake?

I like big numbers. I heard that with the 17z a master cylinder upgrade is basically required, but some people have said that isn't true for the 18z. The 18z kit doesn't work with the OEM parking brake (I think because of the caliper position), so you can either do a line-lock solution or just get the mk5 r32 calipers which will fit over the larger rotor.