GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK VII Performance Pack Transmission In MK VI?

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I tried to search this out on the forum, but couldn’t find anything, so forgive me if it’s been discussed. Soooo.... my synchros/shift forks are in a bad way. I could get them replaced, at which point I’d have a Wavetrac put in for many $$$$. I could by a used trans with lower miles, have a Wavetrac and steel forks put in for even more $$$$. Or, I happened upon a pretty decent deal for a used MKVII performance pack trans, which would actually be cheaper, not as good as the Wavetrac LSD, but beggars can’t be choosers. This is assuming that trans is even compatible with the MKVI (2010) 2.0T. Anybody have any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
My thought is do the work yourself and save a ass ton of money. The labor itself will pay for the wavetrack. I just had to pull my tranny as I put new motor in and installed clutch disk backwards. I hear the bug trans are better but dont know much about them, I think they just have longer gears..

Where are you in texas?

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
My thought is do the work yourself and save a ass ton of money. The labor itself will pay for the wavetrack. I just had to pull my tranny as I put new motor in and installed clutch disk backwards. I hear the bug trans are better but dont know much about them, I think they just have longer gears..

Where are you in texas?

Trust me, if I had the facilities I would no doubt pull the trans myself and take it somewhere to have the internals done. Im in the DFW area.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Trust me, if I had the facilities I would no doubt pull the trans myself and take it somewhere to have the internals done. Im in the DFW area.

Well, your in luck..I got the facilities/tools and I'm in Irving. You wanna get you another tranny and bring it over we can do it. I pulled mine last week took about 4 hours in the driveway. Only stipulation is we cant pour fluids on the driveway or wife will rip our ass!
Lmk

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Or if you want to pull it leave it on Jack's in my driveway that's cool too. Wife will trip a bit but she will be ok :)
Just cant be here for too long, like over 2 weeks. I would suggest take trans to vw folks about 8 miles from my house. I have dealt with them for literally 20 years

Have you done auto X out at lone star park in GP ?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Well, your in luck..I got the facilities/tools and I'm in Irving. You wanna get you another tranny and bring it over we can do it. I pulled mine last week took about 4 hours in the driveway. Only stipulation is we cant pour fluids on the driveway or wife will rip our ass!
Lmk
Or if you want to pull it leave it on Jack's in my driveway that's cool too. Wife will trip a bit but she will be ok :)
Just cant be here for too long, like over 2 weeks. I would suggest take trans to vw folks about 8 miles from my house. I have dealt with them for literally 20 years

^ what a guy :clap:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Allchokedup is a stand-up guy. I'm friends with him irl. I'm in Dallas also, I'm definitely down to help out as well, just gotta be a weekend due to my work schedule.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

this guy!! :w00t::clap::party0038:

you need to take him up on the offer!!

zrickety

The Fixer
The magic on the mk7 is done externally, the electric LSD is in between the axle shaft and transmission. I don't know that the shafts are compatible. Or if the trans will even bolt up to our engines. You might be able to wire it up to the XDS system that operates the brakes, but this is all theoretical.

Last edited:

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Lmk

Seriously badass, dude. I may very well take you up on that. I know its a super long shot, but right now I'm researching getting a used MKVI trans that someone has already put an lsd in. Like I said, serious long shot. lol

I've done maybe a dozen events at Lone Star Park. Its not my favorite lot to go to because of the gravel, but it's bigger than TMS bus lot and a lot closer than Mineral Wells. If you don't use the same line as everyone else at Lone Star Park you're in the gravel and pretty much done for, but it presents a different challenge just like any other surface.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Seriously badass, dude. I may very well take you up on that. I know its a super long shot, but right now I'm researching getting a used MKVI trans that someone has already put an lsd in. Like I said, serious long shot. lol

I've done maybe a dozen events at Lone Star Park. Its not my favorite lot to go to because of the gravel, but it's bigger than TMS bus lot and a lot closer than Mineral Wells. If you don't use the same line as everyone else at Lone Star Park you're in the gravel and pretty much done for, but it presents a different challenge just like any other surface.

I have seen your ride out there. I just creep through the parking lot and see the rides and watch some runs. I have seen your car(number on the door)
I'm about 5 miles from there..

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I have seen your ride out there. I just creep through the parking lot and see the rides and watch some runs. I have seen your car(number on the door)

I'm about 5 miles from there..

Right on. Why don’t you come out and drive? There isn’t another Lone Star Park for a while, but there’s an event at TMS in June. Either way, hit me up for some ride alongs next time you see me.