GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Information

IPlaGOLF

I was seriously planning on purchasing a Mini Cooper S or JCW and the cars are very expensive with the options that I want. So, I am considering a Mk6 GTI. I believe it will suit my needs perfectly. I have a few questions. The seat angle is tilted too much. Can it be adjusted forward? Also, the leather seats are quite narrow. can they be adjusted? I've got to sit there a lot and want to be comfortable. Thanks...

subdoc

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, the seat back angle and the position of the seat fore and aft can be adjusted. The bolstering of the leather seats cannot be adjusted. If you don't like how narrow they are take a look at the cloth seats, IMO, they are very comfortable!

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
I was doubting between a Mini Cooper S and a Golf MK6 (GTI or TDI). The reason why I ended up with the Golf? Comfort!.....and of course the performance....oh and looks.....oh, and also milage (TDI)....did I forget anything?

TDI110

O_o
Oh yeah, the seats are some of the most comfortable that I've sat in. I spend a long time on the road, and those seats are gold. When I get out no pain :happyanim: I don't think the seats are narrow at all, look at the infiniti G35 seats, now those are narrow!

TDI-MRK6 you forgot build quality :D

nyte3k

Ready to race!
I was looking at the Cooper S before, i love the exterior, but to me the interior looks too playful. I got over the big speedometer, but the cheap looking plastic, and the aircraft-like switches just didn't play well with me.

Biff

Ready to race!
Are the leather seats bolstered differently from the cloth? A dealer told me no difference.

Biff

Ready to race!
Don't know about the seat angle. I was considering a Cooper S too, but didn't like the second generation new Mini as well as the first.
One review said the GTI easily runs circles around a Cooper S on the race track.

ExplodingBrain

Passed Driver's Ed
I was looking at the Mini Cooper S also, along with the other usual suspects (Mazdaspeed 3, Mitsubishi Ralliart, Subaru WRX). The Mini is fun to drive, but I decided against it for a few reasons: bizarre ergonomics (the centre-mounted speedo); lack of DSG; and lack of a spare tire -- it has run-flats instead.

So I ordered a GTI yesterday, should be delivered by March. :)