GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The OFFICIAL "ask a VW sales guy" thread

Mark@CarolinaVW

VW Product Advisor
My friend wants to know if a deal and agreement is signed on a car, is there any way of changing? say adding more options?

That depends. On what he wants to add (is it a port added option?) and if the order has been placed with VW and how long ago it has been placed.

Why not ask the selling dealer?

krische

vdubber in training
How willing are dealers to negotiate right now? I know you said you got and sold 3 in less than a week. Is demand quite high?

ashwinaj

Passed Driver's Ed
How willing are dealers to negotiate right now? I know you said you got and sold 3 in less than a week. Is demand quite high?

I guess the problem for potential buyers is the fact that there are very few launch cars right now which are being snapped up. If you want particular options, the dealers need to put in a custom order, so there is no room for price negotiation; at least that's what I've found out. I'm gonna be waiting it out for a few months until their lots get somewhat full with GTI's...

Mark@CarolinaVW

VW Product Advisor
We actually got ONE in yesterday. United grey metallic. 6 speed, traditional interior, sunroof, with detroits. I don't know where he hell it came from, becasue we werent supposed to get any until late November or December.

geoff2005

Passed Driver's Ed
i was wondering, do VW, specifically GTI ever sell under invoice? It seems like they do not and i find it weird because S2000, 350z, Evo, STI, RSX, and others are possible to get around 2gs or so below invoice.

VWsalesguyVA

Ready to race!
S2000, RSX and 350Z are out of production, the EVO hardy sells. The GTI is a brand new model. with that being said I have no issue selling one at invoice.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
I think its time for a new TDI video Jay. I've watched the one you have up like 20 times already.:D

D3rk01

Ready to race!
I ordered a GTI yesterday. Now I read all these guys saying they got itemized invoices with prices on them to take home after doing their deal. I went in with a zag.com price and they honored it $120 above what the prize for zag.com was (they were not a zag.com certified dealer.) I signed off on the carbon copies and he put that the unit prize for the car was what we agreed on ($30,500) and wrote out all the options I wanted. He even gave me what I will be paying on taxes, title fees, bank fee, etc. I asked for an itemized invoice, but he told me that they have to figure out how they will price everything out to reach that price and that he could not give me anything at the moment. Is this true? Should I be worried about anything, like later there will be added fees, or my final price for the car changing?

He also didn't order my car right there on the spot, but what can I ask him for, to show me he ordered it and with what options?

Thanks!

ForkInBrain

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered a GTI yesterday. Now I read all these guys saying they got itemized invoices with prices on them to take home after doing their deal. I went in with a zag.com price and they honored it $120 above what the prize for zag.com was (they were not a zag.com certified dealer.) I signed off on the carbon copies and he put that the unit prize for the car was what we agreed on ($30,500) and wrote out all the options I wanted. He even gave me what I will be paying on taxes, title fees, bank fee, etc. I asked for an itemized invoice, but he told me that they have to figure out how they will price everything out to reach that price and that he could not give me anything at the moment. Is this true? Should I be worried about anything, like later there will be added fees, or my final price for the car changing?

He also didn't order my car right there on the spot, but what can I ask him for, to show me he ordered it and with what options?

Thanks!

I got a itemized quotes from an internet sales people over email. My understanding is that floor sales people are less likely to get your order in right away, and are not as likely to treat you as a fact checking internet buyer, especially if it is a busy weekend.

I would go to Edmunds.com and figure out invoice price on your car. Try to see if your OTD price fits.

Your sales person has not done anything dishonest, and should be willing to give you more details. You should be able to get a "comm. number" from them and even a printout of your order in the VW system. They may ask you to wait for a week day. If not, them I'd be asking them what your deposit is doing.